TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
cut it off, go true dual with a Magnaflow Tru-x and the mufflers (or not) of your choice...did that on a 95 I had, did that on my new F150.

Or go single 3 inch on your bird, that's a mean as hell sound, really, really, really nice.

Just weird and takes some getting used to.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cut it off, go true dual with a Magnaflow Tru-x and the mufflers (or not) of your choice...did that on a 95 I had, did that on my new F150.

Or go single 3 inch on your bird, that's a mean as hell sound, really, really, really nice.

Just weird and takes some getting used to.
Will the Magnaflow x bolt up behind the stock downpipe assembly? I guess I could get that and buy the back half from Mandrel Trubends.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
no, nothing is going to bolt right up. The true dual system from MES fits nicely but its up to you to figure out how to connect it to the rest of the exhaust. They used to make downpipes but they have been discontinued.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Does that Magnaflow kit include the y pipe or is it just the back half?
I bought the magnflow kit for the front and a flowmaster cat back system for the back. It's complete bolt in. I did it in my condo parking lot with a jack and hand tools. Big difference over stock and sounds great

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
But both of those kits have been discontinued for a while.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I guess the only option left is to cut the stock mufflers and weld in some Flowmasters, short of spending $700 on the SCP true dual kit.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
The mandrel exhaust systems true dual kit can be had for under 300 dollars in 2.5in stainless. But it does not include mufflers, and it will need a little bit of custom work to install it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When you say custom work to the mandrel kit; how in depth can you explain the custom fitting? I just ordered the mandrel pipes for my '94, and I bet a turttle with down syndrome could weld better than me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From what I read, the back half of the mandrel kit is more or less a bolt-on installation - you just have to weld on some mufflers.
The front half however, requires twisting the passenger side cat and welding on a new 02 sensor bung. I guess you won't have this problem if you get the catless kit but that still requires a section of pipe welded on where the cats would go.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts