TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I had a 91 5.0 LX that was fairly modded (Cobra upgrades, T5 swap) about seven years ago and was an active member of this board. I sold the car on ebay (wonder where it is now) and moved on to other things. I really miss having it, specifically the engine, and have recently found a 92 5.0 Sport. I'm really thinking about buying it, but the plan is to put the engine in my MGB GT, Land Rover or a Locost I plan to build one day.

The Tbird runs, drives, and looks OK. It won't go into overdrive and is fairly cheap. If I bought it, I would take the engine and supporting electronics/wiring and the driveshaft. Would anyone be interested in the remains? I'd rather get rid of it in one cheap lump, but plan Z would be to part it and then crush the rest...or just crush it after I take what I need (I feel bad about doing that because it's in decent shape).

What's a Sport worth after it's been de-engined like I describe? For this scheme to work for my budget, I'd need to get about $400 for the remains either whole or parted.

Here's a picture:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v307/dandomatic2/016.jpg

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
231 Posts
That isn't a sport. Doesn't jave the body kit, nor does it say sport on the trunk. To be honest, i dont think its a V-8LX either.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mine doesn't have any strips, and it has a body kit. tail lights looks normal to me, and it doesn't have the V-8 badge on the fender, or duals. (Atleast i dont see the duals)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello:

I had a 91 5.0 LX that was fairly modded (Cobra upgrades, T5 swap) about seven years ago and was an active member of this board. I sold the car on ebay (wonder where it is now) and moved on to other things. I really miss having it, specifically the engine, and have recently found a 92 5.0 Sport. I'm really thinking about buying it, but the plan is to put the engine in my MGB GT, Land Rover or a Locost I plan to build one day.

The Tbird runs, drives, and looks OK. It won't go into overdrive and is fairly cheap. If I bought it, I would take the engine and supporting electronics/wiring and the driveshaft. Would anyone be interested in the remains? I'd rather get rid of it in one cheap lump, but plan Z would be to part it and then crush the rest...or just crush it after I take what I need (I feel bad about doing that because it's in decent shape).

What's a Sport worth after it's been de-engined like I describe? For this scheme to work for my budget, I'd need to get about $400 for the remains either whole or parted.

Here's a picture:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v307/dandomatic2/016.jpg

Thanks,
Matt
Id be interested in the car once you are done with it. Just let me know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's a sport model, the chrome trim strip ends at the door. The only 'GFX' on the sport was the SC front bumper cover. Wish you were closer, I'd like to have it around for spares.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That isn't a sport. Doesn't jave the body kit, nor does it say sport on the trunk. To be honest, i dont think its a V-8LX either.
Looks like a sport, they didn't have a body kit,( only super coupes had a full skirt) had a silver inlay in the molding, pinstripe on the bottom, and the sport badge isn't on the trunk its on the d-side taillight. I have one I know. Lift the hood if it has a 5.0 ho,with an sn95 style intake, and no lx badges its likely a sport. Fender badges being off could be for so many reasons...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, none of it matters now anyway. After agreeing on $600 I bummed a ride and planned to drive it the 100 miles home. I called the owner who then called his dad (who was storing the car) to make arrangements for pick up. The owner called back to say that his dad sold the car earlier that day. Whether that's true or not I don't know, but now I'm back to looking for a 91-93 Tbird/94-95 Mustang 5.0 and a T5.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
If it were a Sport, then the VIN number would have had 60T in it like 1FAPP60T8NH****** ...
... but if it has 62T then it was a LX 5.0.
There were near about 77,789 Thunderbirds built in 1992 ...
... 5,905 of them were Sports.

Shame to crush a good body.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If it were a Sport, then the VIN number would have had 60T in it like 1FAPP60T8NH****** ...
... but if it has 62T then it was a LX 5.0.
There were near about 77,789 Thunderbirds built in 1992 ...
... 5,905 of them were Sports.

Shame to crush a good body.
Just checked my VIN...got the 60T. How many Sports (302) were made in total?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts