TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of Ford fuel line disconnect tools that are clamshell style, like these:

I went to change the fuel filter on my 95 Tbird today and tried all the sizes of tools I have on the lines but none of them worked. What tools do I need? I thought these would work on any Ford lines.

On a related note, the engineer who designed the oxygen sensor placement on our cars is one sadistic SOB. I had to remove the starter, loosen the exhaust, and cut a wrench in half to get the RF sensor out. What a PITA!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I just poped the white tabs off and pulled the lines off.

A screw driver helps. Thats about it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then you must not have the same setup as my car. On mine one end uses the white plastic tab and the other uses a spring lock connector. No way to do it without the right tool.

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Go to Pepboys or whatever.. there's a tool that kinda looks like scissors. It's got one size fuel line on one end and the other on the opposite end. It should be labeled something like, "Ford/GM Fuel Line Disconnect Tool"

Holy crap. Were you at the SVToA show at SWC last year? Lonnie had his mark, Mike showed up in his Green T-Bird with the Mark VIII wheels. I was the one with the Pearl White, stock looking 96.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, I know exactly what you're talking about. I bought the clamshell ones because they're easier to use and thought they'd work on all Ford lines. Guess not!

Yup, that was me at SWC. My Tbird is my 99% stock daily driver (154K miles and counting) so I'm not into the Tbird "crowd" that much. I just come here for tech advice and do more lurking than posting. Here's my fleet, although I sold the Omni last year and I have different wheels on the Tbird:

The LTD is obviously my baby

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you sir. My poor Bird has seen better days though. Someone hit it in the side and it's not worth the money to fix it, so I'll live with it. I need new front upper control arms as well because the balljoints are toast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts