TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from what i understand my transmission should of been vacuum controlled, i went to look for a vacuum modulater and theres not one there. theres a set of wires goin into it, the tailshaft housing is stamped with 35, theres a tag with these numbers on it, PKACZ4 019285A20 E6SP BC the pan says AUtomatic Overdrive METRIC, then theres more numbers RF-E 5SP 7006 AA CFD-33.
i might of misread a few of them but thats what i saw. i thought it was vacuum controlled the date on the doorjam says 02/86. whats goin on here...i thought it was an AOD vacuum controlled...what do u think?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm...it was on napaonline.com i know that, got dialup so i dont feel like waiting 20 minutes for it to come up lol. but o well...i have a chacne to buy a tranny out of a grand marqueis or somthing, for 140..dont know if i should go for it or not.

·
Registered
790 Posts
The crownvic and marquis should have the short AOD.........only the lincolns and trucks got the longer versions that I know.

As far as I know at this point anyhow, the trans I have seen are short. But there has been alot of talk about longer versions being in these cars.....so at this point you just need to read the ext housing number.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm alright, well i checked my tranny mount out today..and its shot. its still intack but the tranny bounces pretty good, so i orderd a new one and should have it on by monday at the latest, maybe ill luck out and this will be all it needs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts