TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know who has had their heater hose off the 95 3.8 but it seems to me like it is the poorest setup possible. How is steel on steel supposed to seal? I'm talking about where the hose goes into the water pump. I bought an O-ring for $7.50 that turned out to be the exact same thing we have in our O-ring set painted orange and I can't figure out how to put it all back together without it leaking. I wasn't here when it was pulled off, I was at college, my grandpa pulled it off and he doesn't remember an O-ring even being on there but there is supposed to be one. I guess my question is, how in the heck do I make this thing seal.

·
Registered
169 Posts
there is an oring that goes on it, and there is also a screw that holds it down on top of the waterpump. get one of the "X rings" and that will keep it from leaking. .

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is the O-ring doesn't really do much good and the way they designed it to screw in will pull the hose out of the hole if the bend in the bracket is even slightly off. I did silicone it up pretty good and we'll see what happens but I just think it is a poor design.

·
Registered
37 Posts
got the same problem w my 3.8, whats an x ring, where to get it?, any hints on how to stop this hose pipe from leaking?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts