TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i want a 5.0 fox body stang. What was the best year for that mustang? appearance, interior ect ect theres just sumthin i really like about these stangs, i was thinking about getting a 90-93, but im not sure...any help is apprecited thanks

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
My personal favorite: 82 GT.

Stock performance sucks, but lots of "potential" (I had a supercharged 351C4V in mine)
Exterior: They are fairly rare and don't look like every other Fox body out there.
Interior: IMHO, the inteior of all Fox body Mustangs are "lacking".

This is what mine looked like (Metric wheels and all!!!):

Just my .02. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had an 88 hatch and now have a 93 coupe.

85-86 is the best looking years. No ground effects with the GT and the 4 glass headlights is better looking than the aero look of the 87-93. Downsides to the pre 86. If it's a fuelie, they are only 210hp. The older ones only had the 7.5" rear and I can't get over the interior.

87-93 is pretty much the same. Minor changes throughout the years. Your research can help you decide. By the time it's all done, you will end up chosing what you find. Meaning, say you decide, hey I want a 90 but you find a nice 91 for good price. Buy the 91. Not enough differences in the years to worry about. The biggest change was 87-88 speed density cars, 89 and up were mass air. Even that can be easily swapped after.

By the way. Excellent choice for a fast car. They are so light and small, it requires so little power to go fast.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/754650

My Mustang is on page 2

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Personally, I like the 93 5.0 Hatches. If I were gonna pick a Fox to play with, it'd probably be a silver 93 hatch (personally, I like the 99-04 body style the best though). Our motorsports club (which I wish I had more time to get involved with) runs an 84 with the 93 nose on it. Not the prettiest, but she's a runner:
http://www.rose-hulman.edu/Users/groups/TeamRose/HTML/Cars/Mustang.html

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
i always heard 92 was the best year and supposedly put out the most power,i also heard that in 93 they went to hypereutectic pistons like in our cars now,that always seemed kinda iffy to me,why the last year of the 5.0 in a mustang they would swap for different pistons,anybody know if thats b.s. or not?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I would have to get an 86 notchback 5.0, and a 93 GT hatch. I like the four eyes but now I am partial the aero headlights too. I don't like the 84 SVO look but I like the car for everything else.

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
to my knowledge, the t-5 isn't very strong, but Im sure someone will tell me how I am wrong. I like the 88-93 ones too, but I would get the one with the trunk. I like the way it looks over the hatch

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
My personal favorite: 82 GT.

Stock performance sucks, but lots of "potential" (I had a supercharged 351C4V in mine)
Exterior: They are fairly rare and don't look like every other Fox body out there.
Interior: IMHO, the inteior of all Fox body Mustangs are "lacking".

This is what mine looked like (Metric wheels and all!!!):
http://members.aol.com/hotrodharrys/82GTa.jpg

Just my .02. :thumbsup:

You know, I saw a Fox Cougar (I'm thinking 84) at the auction in Lees Summit a while back that was immaculate. Looked like someone had traded it in back in 1985 and the dealer forgot he had it. the paint, the interior, everything. And it was loaded with every option available at the time. It even still had the TRX wheels like your Mustang has in that pic. (well they were a little different, the Cougar/T-birds got a slightly different looking wheel than the Mustangs). Wish I'd bought it. The best bid they got was 800 and it didn't sell.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
i always heard 92 was the best year and supposedly put out the most power,i also heard that in 93 they went to hypereutectic pistons like in our cars now,that always seemed kinda iffy to me,why the last year of the 5.0 in a mustang they would swap for different pistons,anybody know if thats b.s. or not?
93 went to the "hyperpathetic" pistons

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
none, not large guy freindly and rides like crap . and ford made quite a few fox chassis cars and 2004 was wayy too long to strech that pos out

1 - 20 of 53 Posts