TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled my tranny out tonight oil was burnt and almost black. Now the weird part the fluid in the cooler was red and not burnt. I had this thing rebuilt with a level 10 kit by a ford trans tech. It lasted a whole two months.

Thanks,
Derek.L

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I don't really know. but just guessing it sounds like the fluid wasn't getting to the cooler and it overheated big time? Anyone?

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Sounds like something was blocking the flow of the fluid. I bet that thing was running HOT, not surprised it only lasted 2 months. Did they give you any kind of warranty?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, no warranty it was built on the side by the tech. I'm headed down to south Fl on Friday to get a 97' Mark IIIV trans.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I would disconnect the cooler lines at the trans, and check them for free flow. The red fluid in the cooler and very dark fluid in the trans would indicate either a problem in the trans causing no flow, or a obstruction in the thans cooling system. Get if confirmed before you install another trans.

·
Registered
376 Posts
You might have to replace the rad too, unless you bypass the stock rad cooler and install a good aftermarket one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts