1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
222 Posts
Where have you been they have had drug taxes for a LONG TIME or at least here in NC.. .you get busted with a Lot of Coke or Mary Jane, You gotta pay of course court costs and legal fees and THEN you got 30 days to pay a Drug tax on the drugs that you have and if it is not paid in Like 30 days it is doubled !!!! and the IRS WILL GET THERE MONEY even if it mean garneshing your wages :)

I could be wrong about the exact law in NC so dont be a butt-hole if you know the exact law I was just posting, My brother is a Officer in the police force and IT was a LONG TIME ago when he told me about that(10-15 years)....

·
Don't call me a Newbie
397 Posts
This type of thing has existed at the Federal level for many years. No tax stamp or anything, but you are supposed to claim all income from any source when filing your taxes. That was how they got Al Capone, after all.

Pretty damned silly, if you ask me. I won't go into my strong Libertarian views on the subjects of taxes and drugs, as it would be a HUGE can of worms that we probably don't want to open on the board. :D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AL CAPONE!! Thats the name I was trying to think of. When I was writing the last post I was trying to think of the name but it just wouldn't come to me. I am sure that if the person did actually pay the tax before getting caught, there wouldn't be any name dropping between government agencies!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
In Vermont, there is a movement to eliminate property taxes, and add 2% to taxed items (only food, and clothing under $100 is exempt)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts