TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the head off and saw that the pass side has had ptv... the drivers side is slim to nothing.. I was just wondering if maybe the shop that did my work didnt install the cams right?? Any ideas? Here is a rough pic for the time being...

Sorry the picture isnt very good with nasty pistons.. The marks are on the right side of the piston...

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Timing appears to have been off.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
They probably put your cams in wrong, or didnt set the timing right.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
It could be both, but I lean more towards they did not know how to install the cam..

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
What cams were you running? Didn't comp cams have some issues with PTV contact?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just the 262s nothing big, dont even require springs but i had them anyways.. I doubt they we're degree'd in.. Im not even sure what that is.. can you elaborate for me? thx

·
Registered
401 Posts

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
hmm.... you know how to remove heads but not install cams? anyway yes your shop didn't know what they were doing, the timing was off or the cams were not degreed in properly.... could be one or the other or even both

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
did the shop install the heads onto the motor? or did they just work the heads and slap in the cams? did you check the condition of the keyway on the passenger side cam?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.