TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I threw a 50 shot on my SVO car? Anyone??? Anyone?????

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Bottom End?

How's your bottom end built? Got a girdle, splash tray, and ARP bolts? Might be a good place to start!

Good luck with it! Run 'er! (that's what dad always said) :cool:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hmm AIS and N2O I'm curious how low you can get the aircharge temp

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Is it a stock pi bottom end?

·
Registered
332 Posts
anyone know what kind of HP a stock PI bottom end can handle... I'd be willing to bet he's coming close to whatever that number is

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah stock Bottom end. I kinda figured. I know nitrous is bad for the PI intakes. Wasn't sure if the bottom end could handle it.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
IMHO: Pistons that aren't forged should never see boost AND nitrous.

So like everyone else is saying... depends on the bottom end.

But just my .02 as I have zero experience with NAWZZZZZZ. :D

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Girdles

I saw pictures somewhere of a bottom end running high HP with boost and NOS. When the main caps were removed, you could actually see the rub marks where they were moving around under the stress. That's where the girdle comes in, it bolts all the main cap bolts together to stop or at least make it a lot more difficult for that to happen.

If I am not mistaken, there are only two companies that make girdles for the 4.6, don't ask me who they are because I don't remember - Google it.

Obviously, I can't imagine a bottom end with the caps MOVING can possibly last very long :zdunno:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I saw pictures somewhere of a bottom end running high HP with boost and NOS. When the main caps were removed, you could actually see the rub marks where they were moving around under the stress. That's where the girdle comes in, it bolts all the main cap bolts together to stop or at least make it a lot more difficult for that to happen.

If I am not mistaken, there are only two companies that make girdles for the 4.6, don't ask me who they are because I don't remember - Google it.

Obviously, I can't imagine a bottom end with the caps MOVING can possibly last very long :zdunno:
Without looking up girdles I have no idea what those are... But it sounds like fun... So whens this **** going down, make sure you're getting video of the engine blowing up. You could even make an "in engine bay" camera using one of these it'll be a great addition to the articles

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Without looking up girdles I have no idea what those are... But it sounds like fun... So whens this **** going down, make sure you're getting video of the engine blowing up. You could even make an "in engine bay" camera using one of these it'll be a great addition to the articles
Here is a pic of a Ford 4.6L with a girdle. It's just a piece of metal that ties all the main caps together. DSS Racing and Probe make girdles for the 4.6

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll blow it up when I have a back up plan. I kind of like the direction Robert went with the Vortech. You can just make alot of power with them and the SVO is pretty tapped at 9ish psi.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
look u say you are getting bored, well no offense its slow lol, but really your mph is way off 104 look that car with a stock pi motor well another one we done just like yours 12.2 @ 110-111 and he couldant drive so i know it had 12.0s in it, your problem is in the tune, just text me no comment here on the tuning lol, its not bad but look your 1/8 mph is slow also u should be atleast 87mph your 83 so trust me, its got the power waiting to be unleashed, 4.10s at most 4.30 is to low, your 60fts look really nice but your top end pull is lacking either do to the heat or the tune aint quite right, dont touch the blower pulley

Robert

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
look u say you are getting bored, well no offense its slow lol, but really your mph is way off 104 look that car with a stock pi motor well another one we done just like yours 12.2 @ 110-111 and he couldant drive so i know it had 12.0s in it, your problem is in the tune, just text me no comment here on the tuning lol, its not bad but look your 1/8 mph is slow also u should be atleast 87mph your 83 so trust me, its got the power waiting to be unleashed, 4.10s at most 4.30 is to low, your 60fts look really nice but your top end pull is lacking either do to the heat or the tune aint quite right, dont touch the blower pulley

Robert
No worries Robert. I dont do anything unless you say so. I honestly think it is needing a bigger pump now. It is just cutting in and out. And its running the same times as rons SVO car in the same weather. I think. Either way I just need to deliver the car to you so you can do what you have to do to it.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And I ran 86mph in the 1/8th!

R/T 1.027
60' 1.737
330 5.273
1/8 8.184
MPH 86.29
1000 10.718
1/4 12.852
MPH 104.33

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Ron ran in the humid heat this weekend 12.30-12.40 at about 109 was his best mph I'm telling you Somethings off yours didn't even pick up 20 mph from 1-8-1/4 mile so that ain't right, you should pick up 20-22mph 20 being the low end 22 being the high, maybe outta pump but I'll bet the tune is off by about 10 percent

Robert

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ron ran in the humid heat this weekend 12.30-12.40 at about 109 was his best mph I'm telling you Somethings off yours didn't even pick up 20 mph from 1-8-1/4 mile so that ain't right, you should pick up 20-22mph 20 being the low end 22 being the high, maybe outta pump but I'll bet the tune is off by about 10 percent

Robert
Sweet I'll send my XCAL to ya. Do it up rob! lol Also do you think the lack of cams with the current tune is causing the problem?
How do i word this....... ummmm..... When the car was tuned i was told it was a dublicate tune off another car that had cams. But im still currently running the PI shafts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.