TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinkin about a flowmaster....I had one on my beretta and it was a nice deep rumble and im looking for the same here....im not looking to do any of the piping just the muffler. And also what size is the piping so I can know what size muffler to buy. Thanks.

EDIT: and if there is any other exhaust that is loud and gives good amount of hp please share

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
jorfee said:
What would sound good on my 93lx 3.8l v6
an extra couple of cylinders maybe

:tongue: just kidding, but not really

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Get a Magnaflow dual in single outlet muffler and have it mounted in place of the resonator.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
The shop can make it fit. I know the stock size of the cats into the resonator is 2"but I am not sure what it is after that since mine isn't stock anymore. It might be the 2 1/4. But like I said, they'll make it fit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was hopin to get it on there myself and avoid the costly mechanic fees since the last time I went to one the guy put it on all wrong and it fell off about a week later.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah that was a one and only time. I went and put on my previous muffler on my other car and did a much better job. im hoping just this muffler will give it a decent sound. Anything has to be better than what I have, the car is pretty much silent when driven.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
yea i have a di/so magnaflow midmounted in place of resonator using stock pipes, makes it sound better than normal, sound ok, but i would wnt it louder. maybe if i went with high flow cats and midmount would be better.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I like the flowmaster on my my 96' V6, people say its kinda funny sounding but its pretty loud when there staring at my tailights.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much of a difference do you think a flowtech afterburner will make on a completely stock (cept for cone air filter) 93 v6 tbird? Soundwise I mean.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I put it on...i dont hear much of a diff.. just a little around 2krpms and after and before that its quiet.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
did u have stck cats and just the muff? where u put it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah everything is stock...just changed out the muffler which the tip now sticks out about 2 inches so it looks retarded....couldnt find a right conversion pipe that would fit what i needed ended up having to use flex pipe.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
well if u only did the muffler and nothing else then yea it will be quiet, i took out my resonator and muff and put mu di/do midbody where the resonator was. mad a diff i coul dtell with sound.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
th3subtl3on3 said:
Get a Magnaflow dual in single outlet muffler and have it mounted in place of the resonator.

Will this still allow me to pass inspection and will it sound louder?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts