TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here's the story. My dad has a Harley. He really loves it, doesn't ride it much, but he still loves it. Well, because he hasn't ridden it a lot lately, he's thinking about letting it go. There's this guy he works with that collects Mustangs, all years. He told my dad that he'd trade my dad a Mustang for his Harley. Here's the Harley....1986 1100 Sportster...Liberty Edition (not a bike you see every day, pretty rare from what I read)....excellent shape...roughly 12k original miles on it. My dad said he offered up a 65 Mustang Coupe (no other details available yet, supposed to be fully restored). So what would you do? Keep the bike or get the Stang?

Oh yeah....if we go to the guy's house I'm gonna try to get pics. He says he has a real GT500 and a few other rare beauties. He also collects a lot of old F-100's.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
eh 65 didnt get the good engine i believe... its a true 65 and not a 64.5? i think the 65 is more of a collectors piece.. the styling wasnt as aggressive either. if your dad has a big sentimental attachment to the bike, keep it.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Yeah, I'd keep the Harley. My old man has a vintage Sportster that I hope to own one day. His brothers all sold their Harleys off years ago, and he still has his, even though he doesn't ride it much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts