TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering is even though your not selling your car, if someone offered you top dollar would you let it go? and if so how much? (and im not talking something dumb like 15k but an actual offer.)

thanks

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I'd tell them to get bent!!!!!
I'm taking my car to the grave. and not j/k

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reason i ask is cause at work here i got offered a demo so im going to be selling my truck, i don't owe hardly nothing on it, its an 03 f-150 fx4 with only 35k on it, so thats going to be sold and im going to pocket the money.

well now i got my bird i figured i would throw it out their, its got 93k on it, its a 40th anny ive got it listed for 5500 and ive gotten a few calls on it allready but i got the first calls today and i decided lastnight scew it im going to keep the bird (cheap to insure and it doesn't cost me anything.) but now im wondering, i got one guy pretty much sure he will pay the 5500. either way not sure what to do LOL i was so sure i was going to sell it then i wasn't im going back and forth.
ive had this car for 7 years now. its great nothing wrong with it, never drive in the winter.
just gotta decide if i want to keep it or not.

·
Registered
523 Posts
5500 is steep theres nothing really special about a 40th over a base lx just some vinal stickers
i paid 3000 for my 40th anniversary in 2005 with 107,000 miles on it that i knew was extremely taken care of with a lot of new parts (oil pan/gasket, ball joints tie rods wheel bearings new brakes and tires all around, nice in dash cd player and a mint interior.) i believe i paid more then book value on the car so unless hes a 95 40th anniversary collecter which i doubt any are out there then i doubt hell pay 5500 for it hell try and give you 5 which is still more then its really worth

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
either way thats still besides the point i don't need to sell it im just debaiting on if i should let it go for 5500 if i can get it for that price, and yes the people that have called meon it have been from out of state and looking for 40ths. but im just trying to figure out weather or not to sell it at all.

·
Registered
958 Posts
i wouldn't sell it.......i've put more money in it than its worth (kbb). might as well keep dumping money into it.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
For my 91, I'm not sure of the exact amount, but it would be something outrageous. Mainly because its my first car and I've put alot of work into it. But I'm planning to take the car out with me - I look at it this way - I built the car, I'm gonna be the one to destroy it.

my 96 - I haven't had it long enough so I'd just ask what I've got in it, which isn't much really.

-Melon

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
mybird_91 said:
i wouldn't sell it.......i've put more money in it than its worth (kbb). might as well keep dumping money into it.

like OMGME2.

its not worth getting rid of, especially when its paid off and owned outright.

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
i have gotten several offer on my car for more then i have into it and i didnt sell it
i was close but decided to stick with it
cars worth only as much as someone is willing to pay for
btw. if my car was stock or close to stock it would of been gone in heartbeat
but seeing as how nobody has one like me there is no way in hell im selling it
:)

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
It's worth more to me to have the running, reliable car than to have the 8 or 900 dollars it might sell for.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
For the right money someone could be the proud owner of my powder coated bucket of bolts! :D (I have plenty of powder for new car parts)

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Even if it wasn't somewhat special to me I wouldn't sell mine for a fair KBB value for the condition it's in. I'd just end up with some other POS car thats no better, if not worse off then mine is! :bangwall:

Then take into account 3 years ago I bought mine as a 3rd owner in SWFL. When I ran the CARFAX report it turns out the original owner purchased it in the Philadelphia area (certification label has Phila area destination code as well) and it was first titled in the same small community just outside of Phila that I first went home to after being born in southeastern Pennsylvania.

Naw i'm not selling this one, it's got to much good karma going for it! :thumbsup:

(not to mention Pacific Green is sort of like a metallic version of EAGLES green. lol)

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i have thought real hard about this as of late . now with the 347 i am thinking i would 6k .now is someone going to give that for my kitty? probally not .

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Well, I'd have to get enough to pay it off, plus enough to buy another MN12. Soo probably...............7,500. That'd be enough to sell the car, buy another, and start fixing it up.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Not sure.....noy many peolpe are looking for a car like mine/or in its current condition.

If the price was right....bye bye.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts