TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,977 Posts
That's a sweet intake and set-up! Reminds me of the good ol' days for me! SVO intake, PI head swap, Crower cams. Ran nice, especially after I tune it!

·
Administrator
13,709 Posts
Nice. Did you get the True bendz mandrel pipes? Which muffler did you go with? What's next?

I recommend a TC upgrade.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I'm getting next. Thinking about running some borla touring mufflers but not sure yet.

·
Super Moderator
8,006 Posts
Borlas always sound good!

Are they PI or NPI heads? If they are PI heads, that is almost 12:1 compression, and might require some more aggressive cams to keep detonation in check, unless you can get E85 where you are at.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep got e85 right done the street. And it is pi heads. Got arp head studs too. Just in case want to change heads someday

·
Super Moderator
11,265 Posts
Nice! Like Oscar said, it will be tough to tune; Matt talked me out of a similar setup, I'll end up with C heads on it.

I'm wanting to build a crazy B-head intake with velocity stacks and 2 injectors per cylinder, to keep the inlets clean. :)
I've been trying to calculate the lengths I need, and I get different answers depending on how I calculate them.

Looks nice; those are pretty rare intakes now. I'll be interested to see how it turns out. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definitely will let everyone know how it goes. Will try and keep it updated on pictures and maybe get it to a dyno to see what it puts down. Be interesting to see what it can do

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,237 Posts
This was my exact 2V goal for many years, and I still yearn for it. The compression with the Mark pistons and PI heads is really high but with the right cams the dynamic compression might actually tolerate 93.

The SVO intake is crazy rare, I only ever remember seeing the one Oscar had outside the old catalogs, most builds with that style intake used the Bullitt one.

·
Administrator
13,709 Posts
That's what I'm getting next. Thinking about running some borla touring mufflers but not sure yet.
I run the BORLA Pro XP's on mine. (Offset in / Center out). Love the sound. Nice rumble but not obnoxious.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good to know. Thats what I'm looking for, have borla attacks on my mustang and that muffler would be to much on the Thunderbird.

·
Administrator
13,709 Posts
Here's a short vid from 2010 after I had them installed. Bouncing it off the rev limiter in park. LOL

I have a great fly by video that I want to share but I can't find it. I do have the audio from the video though. I'll post that later if I can't find the video.

Reactions: supergordo

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,237 Posts
Here's a short vid from 2010 after I had them installed. Bouncing it off the rev limiter in park. LOL

I have a great fly by video that I want to share but I can't find it. I do have the audio from the video though. I'll post that later if I can't find the video.
You have your rev limiter set at 3000? lol

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,364 Posts
Nice combo. Heads massaged any or factory castings?

Looking up specs on those cams they're similar to mine; slightly less lift but a little more exhaust duration and a wider LSA. I am able to run my combo at 10.4 on 87, but it really prefers 93. I don't know if 12:1 would work with pump gas and your cam, though it sounds like you're already planning on using E85. Let us know how the tuning goes. :)

·
Administrator
13,709 Posts
You have your rev limiter set at 3000? lol
No, Rob does... at least in park. In gear the Redline is set at 6,500 or 6,800.

·
Administrator
13,709 Posts
That sounds really good. I think I found what I'm going to get.
Glad you like. I'm biased but I think they're a great choice.

I think you should get it running and stunt on us with a savage burn out
There are a few videos out there of my car.... I don't waste rubber and beat on the engine doing unnecessary burnouts.

Smoking a fast (looking) Mustang Stig style while listening to the Doobie Brothers.

Here's a good one from Zmax where you can hear the exhaust pretty well at the track. This is one of my favorite videos of my car. I gave this ricer Civic piece of crap like a 3 second head start and then ran him down. It's funny, watch it a few times and listen to the commentary.

Here's a longer video I made back in 2012 after a really good night at Zmax.

Reactions: supergordo
1 - 20 of 23 Posts