TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell? I woke up this morning and there was snow on the ground. okay, okay for you nothern guys a piece of snow!!! But anyways, it happens here like once every 5 or so years.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Yeah, no kidding. Looks like this might actually stick around until sunday..

·
Registered
343 Posts
ISAXDQB said:
We dont have quite that much but we are getting there. 'sposed to have about 3 or 4 inches or so.
So just a dusting then :rofl:

I got up this morning and it was 0 degrees drove to work and it warmed up to 3 degrees. Plus we still have about 2 or 3 feet on the ground here.

I wonder how you Canada guys can handle it....:usa:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
100 accidents reported to Wake Co. PD as of 9am this morning.. sheesh.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
*Some* people? Yeah, like every southerner - especially in the snow. :) The ones that weren't in accidents are all transplants or plain lucky. Most of the natives won't go out of the house.... My particular mo in that kinda weather.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
doodaa said:
*Some* people? Yeah, like every southerner - especially in the snow. :) The ones that weren't in accidents are all transplants or plain lucky. Most of the natives won't go out of the house.... My particular mo in that kinda weather.
Same here, I drove in it for years, but hey, if the natives get the day off, I ain't goin no-where either. Especially with 3.73's

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Snow in NC? Damn - I was hoping to get away from all this snow by going down there.

I'm starting truck driving - and want to tour as far south as possible to get away from the snow up here!

How do we handle it? Salt :). Honestly - without salt, our roads would never be clear. Because we know and expect snow, our road crews are pretty good - and have good equipment for it. It's my understanding that municipalities that don't expect snow - are screwed when it comes.

Oh well - it should all melt soon, eh :)?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Well our DOT doesn't know how to handle it, as they just announced on the news the slickest areas are where the DOT has already been. They run by with the plows an inch or so off the ground. Gee that does a lot of good.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
343 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
Well our DOT doesn't know how to handle it, as they just announced on the news the slickest areas are where the DOT has already been. They run by with the plows an inch or so off the ground. Gee that does a lot of good.:rolleyes:

Thats what your supposed to do and then 100 feet after the plow should be the salt trucks.......

I guess you guys dont have any of them do ya?

In bad storms the plows dont care about the travel direction on the highway. Nothing like drivind up rt 95 and seeing a plow heading right at ya.....

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
In Indiana they would drop them on the roads *SCRAPE*

This county (Capital county for the State) has 8, count 'em 8 sand trucks.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Still going...

BIG flakes too. And yes that's the road in the bottom of the picture.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Beautiful - as long as I'm inside looking out. SD hope you're ready to hunker down and make some more coffee (or whatever...) you're going to be in the house a couple of days. :) It'll look like a demolition derby out there on a main road Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
heh, my town of 20K people has more than 8 plows.

Northerners are better drivers, as we experience more conditions on a regular basis...except for storm surge I suppose.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was in Raleigh a few years ago when we got like 21" over a few days. it shut down most biz for about a week. They said there were more snow plows in the Philadelphia city limits than the whole state of NC.
I haven't seen snow in 2 years, don't really miss it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts