TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatever happened to the group purchase or whatever someone had worked out with APC on doing clear altezzas for the tbird? I havent heard anything. Anyone know anything on if and where to get these?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
probably dropped it because APC is too big a company, and even they realize that clear or altezza lights on a t-bird are odd looking to say the least.

I

·
0 Posts
UUGH!

Altezza is Italian for "rice" :D

Just adding fuel to the fire

ice_nyne

·
Registered
116 Posts
lol altezza's for the tbird would look so hideous.......not for nothing but what the hell were u thinking, why would u ruin ur car by even thinking about putting altezza on ur car?

TOny

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Re: UUGH!

ice_nyne said:
Altezza is Italian for "rice" :D
Actually it's the Japanese name for the Lexus IS200, the originator of Altezza taillights.

But yes... Rice rice baby..

·
Registered
529 Posts
hey Ice you got any pics of your car...i like to stay up on the Cali competition

-2nd gear or bust

·
Registered
127 Posts
The only modification I would do to improve the taillights would be to make them all led. Leds are brighter and come on instantly. ----- But they are ALOT more expensive. I can dream.:(

·
Registered
371 Posts
right now i am working on shaving my taillights and installing s-10 altezza taillights on my byrd...i have already shaved my reflectors off my trunk lid....i will hopefully be able to get pic on here when i am done so everyone car see.....

Jay

I

·
0 Posts
pics

Hey ASSASYN,

I just got the ride (actually updated from a '90 to a '96). Give me a week or so, and I'll have pics. I'm going to do it all right from the getgo: join TCCOA, get the webpage, list the ride. Thanks.

ice_nyne

·
Registered
529 Posts
Nice upgrade Ice....if you ever need some body work or a paint job holla at me and I will hook you up with my man down here.

I

·
0 Posts
thanks for the head's up

Thanks - actually if you (or anybody else from Southern California that stumbles across this thread) knows of any good performance shops in the Long Beach / South Bay area that does better than average work, give me a holler. I need that kind of inside info. for when I want to start modding the car.

ice-nyne

·
Registered
529 Posts
I haven't personally located any really good speed shops yet cuz I am working on exterior right now then working my way in. I believe JBA might be a good place to start though for some tuning and stuff.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no rice is putting a fire extinguisher on your a pillar. If you look at the upcoming and concept cars you will notice we are getting away from the ugly american orange and red reflectors. WHICH I would like to see something for the thunderbird. Its a luxourious look, and some of us happen to like it. If I wanted a "they suck" post Id ask.

Let me know when you get the bird shaved and done.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
RobinCali said:
If I wanted a "they suck" post Id ask.
Then go post over on a honda forum if you don't want to hear anti-rice people complain about ugly white/silver/bling-bling garbage.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
this thread ceased to be amusing and is therefore locked.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.