TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
turns out i have to wait to buy rims because of college.. So around christmas, because im gunna ask the parents for them, should i get 17's or 18's with my 2 inch drop? I feel like the drop makes a big difference. And as far as rim choice will most likely be some variation of a silver powder coated 5 spoke rim. im pretty sure i have them picked out at my local store.

heres the drop;

·
Registered
501 Posts
Just my .02, I like both... at the same time.
I am not partial to the 18" wheel on the front, and though I don't mind a 17" on the rear, I think the 18" on the rear looks best.

Might be food for thought to stagger the whee height front to back. It is different and not a lot of guys are doing it.
The wheels on may car were only available in a 17" so the 18" out back was not an option. Thought it will cost me a pretty dime, I am really thinking of having a 19" version of my wheel custom made for the rear of my car and retaining the 17" up front as is.
If I could get the wheels on my car as a 17 and 18 in. you can bet your arse I'd be running that now.

Good luck and let what your eye tells you make your choice!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Personally I'm looking at 18". I think it really fills things out better. I wouldn't go bigger. But I see your predicament. I'm not sure how 18" would look on the front. It would probably looked pretty tucked if you're alright with that. Maybe search for some images. Didn't some guy post in your other thread who had the same drop and 17" or 18"? I'm going to go look at that right now.

Edit:

Those are 17" and I like those with that drop. The rear looks higher in this picture too, why is that? Maybe get 17" front 18" back if the back doesn't settle down.

·
Super Moderator
7,669 Posts
It depends what you are going for. If you are going for straight looks, get 18s. If you are going for better handling, go with 17s.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
that would be my car in the pic...

it was lowerd with st springs, but it was not low enough.. so i left the back springs alone and cut one coil out of the fronts.

so about 1 inch lower rear, 2 inches in front.

but 17's with 255/45/17 was on my car however, i know to fill up the gap even better you can fit a 255/50/17 tire with that drop.

EDIT: 17's look good but i think 18's look even better on birds.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
17's or 18's both look great on these cars. You've got a good drop on yours already, so the going with the 17's might fit the bill nicely.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i feel like the 17's in the kind of rim i like would look good. But then i look at birds and they are big cars, there not like a civic size lol.. I am not a big cosmetic person, i lowered the car because it was cheaper then fixing the stock spring and there was no need for a camber kit int he front so i said what hell lets do it. Got badges for 20 bucks and stripped everything else. I do not like chrome, i hate chrome unless its '03 cobra R's are the only chrome rims i like. I dont like flashy, more of a mean style but i hate bullits, everyone has them. So im gunna shop like a son of a ***** and hunt down the perfect rim lol. ALSO! i never thought i would ever buy rims for a car, then again ive never owned a car this long lol.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well if i wanted to save enough i could get those from thecustomwheelshop.com, im a really picky person when it comes to this stuff so well see what the $ situation looks like when i go to buy them

·
Registered
746 Posts
Just curious, how much did you cut from your st springs to get that drop?

I cut about 3/4 of a coil off my front tokicos today and it still sits a tad higher than I'd like.
Ive been pondering on what Im going to do with my tokicos when I put them in. Originally I was going to cut a coil off but I wasnt so sure I would like that much drop if I have to drive it around in the winter at all.

Are you leaving the coils out back alone?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Ill probably just leave them be for now then whenever I can retire the car from its daily driver duties Ill worry about getting it lower to the ground.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts