TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have a 96 gt 4r70w f6zp 7000 bb trans in factory...it's time to change it slips in second like it has no pressure but u take off 1 get up to 25 mph let off gas it skips 2 then finish all the way to overdrive..but I manual took it to 1 and and go to second it pulls but little better but slips then goes into 3 and it trys to lock up like brakes are on...I drove again to today its back to first part takes off good let off gas got to 3 and overdrive great...my trans people I talk to tell me it's time for rebuild but I got others saying springs broke in 1 and 2...any info will help cause I don't know the years I can use I know I can't go 99 on up .... thxs adam

No lights on for silnoid either

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
23,716 Posts
You can go up until 2003 where the output shaft changed and lost VSS drive teeth(you could use a later 4R75w but will need an electronic speed converter for the speedometer/cruise/abs/PCM to read speed correctly). The tooth count changed for 1999 but if you have stock rear end gears you can simply change the plastic VSS gear to correct it. Any car 4R70w except for P71 Crown Vics and Lincoln Town Cars will work, the later the better as they had the most improvements, avoid any made between 1993 and 1997.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts