TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever found animals or insects living in your car?

Lets hear some stories of what you guys have found living in your car..
:tongue:

I'll start..

A couple years ago..

I had my door open listening to music, and I noticed an occasional Carpenter Ant fall off the bottom of the door...

I had to investigate..

As soon as I removed the Door Panel..

I found a huge Carpenter Ants nest inside my Door!..

I was like WTF my door isn't made of wood!..lol

They were Exterminated! :zdevil:

Rayo..

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Theres probably all sorts of things living in my dads Thunderbird:

While I haven't found anything living in my car, I have found a dead rat fused to the exhaust manifold in a Grand Marquis I was working on.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I found a snake skin in the trunk when I first got my car. No sign of the snake

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
My first T-bird had an ant problem. Never did find the source, it just went away after a while. My girlfriends car had a mouse problem, The first clue was a seriously funky odor when she first got it, after a bit of digging I found the physical evidence in excrement and also found out why her radio didnt work. They like to chew...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I had a whole family of mice living in my 68 Catalina. It sat for 2 yrs, then I cranked her over and the family got evicted out of both pipes due to 10.5:1 CR :D I do miss that car lol.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
When my bird hardly got driven for a couple summer months I noticed a spider web on the Irs that covered most of the IRS from control arm to control arm. I never saw the actual spider in full just its very long looking pointy legs here and there. My friend called it nasty and gnarly. I cleaned off the car and never saw a web reappear. I know that guy rode around with me for a few trips too because the web got bigger before I finally said enough is enough Im cleaning this guy out with a water hose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
the other night driving home from the grocery store i flipped on the interior light to find a cd that had gone down in between the drivers seat and center console and the mother of all moth's flew out from under my seat towards the light! lol! scared the heck out of me, thing was the size of a darn small bird it seemed like...then i opened the window @ 75mph and let him go free.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
the other night driving home from the grocery store i flipped on the interior light to find a cd that had gone down in between the drivers seat and center console and the mother of all moth's flew out from under my seat towards the light! lol! scared the heck out of me, thing was the size of a darn small bird it seemed like...then i opened the window @ 75mph and let him go free.
I used to keep my patio door open for my dog to come and go as he pleased at my last place and one of those humming bird sized bastards flew into my house, scared the crap out of me. I had to kill it since it wouldn't leave peacefully.

At my current place I wouldn't leave my patio door open, the 1/2 acre of property behind my house that they call a "yard" is all desert dirt. I have to have it sprayed for scorpions and desert centipedes once every 4 months. I also watch my dog carefully now when he goes out in the backyard as he has taken to trying to eat the scorpions :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Lately I have been seeing Wasps flying in and out of the tail lights on the 1995 Super Coupe, same with the 65 Cutlass. I have a tree growing from underneath the side of the cutlass also, trying to see how big it gets if my buddy ever comes to get his car back.

·
Been Around
41 Posts
I recently noticed some mouse droppings in the trunk and package tray. I set some traps, and so far have sent 8 of them to their reward. No little ones either! I found the nest under the spare tire and cleaned up the nasty mess.

·
Super Moderator
16,820 Posts
Lately I have been seeing Wasps flying in and out of the tail lights on the 1995 Super Coupe, same with the 65 Cutlass. I have a tree growing from underneath the side of the cutlass also, trying to see how big it gets if my buddy ever comes to get his car back.
Wasps love taillights on these cars it seems. I got chased halfway across a junkyard when I was pulling a set from a 97:tongue:

Oh and the side mirrors! I have never found a pair of mirrors without a hive inside one of them.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Wasps love taillights on these cars it seems. I got chased halfway across a junkyard when I was pulling a set from a 97:tongue:

Oh and the side mirrors! I have never found a pair of mirrors without a hive inside one of them.
I forgot about the side mirrors .. thats where the spiders live on my SC. Ill come out in the morning and have the occasional web on the side of the door. After I killed the wasps flying in and out I broke open the wasp nest to show my 5 year old son and there were spiders inside each chamber for the baby wasps. Brake cleaner works great to get them while they are flying, deadly accurate aim and they just drop from the sky. :D

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I forgot about the side mirrors .. thats where the spiders live on my SC. Ill come out in the morning and have the occasional web on the side of the door. After I killed the wasps flying in and out I broke open the wasp nest to show my 5 year old son and there were spiders inside each chamber for the baby wasps. Brake cleaner works great to get them while they are flying, deadly accurate aim and they just drop from the sky. :D
Brake cleaner works on spiders too! My number one choice for killing them.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
The 10,000 dollar question is this, two actually...

What lives in your old blue ford truck in the back yard?

And if you still have it...

what lives in the un-title-able Z28?

On a side note, the OLDSMOBILE is still there?!??

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
The 10,000 dollar question is this, two actually...

What lives in your old blue ford truck in the back yard?

And if you still have it...

what lives in the un-title-able Z28?

On a side note, the OLDSMOBILE is still there?!??
For about a month last year, my mother. Now just Spiders, I got rid of the mice with a few traps. :tongue:

There seems to be a family of cats in the neighbors overgrown bushes behind the house.

And Yes, the olds is still here.

·
Registered
404 Posts
We have 50 acres of park land behind us, so naturally we have a mouse problem. I was driving my girlfriends 86 Nissan pick up when all the sudden smoke starts pouring out from under the hood. When I open it it actually smelled like a grill cooking. Well a mouse evidently made a nest under an exhaust shield around the manifold. He burned for a week. Never could get it out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 20 of 46 Posts