TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About how much would a front window and drivers side front window cost?

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
the driver's window you could pick up at a junkyard or from someone on here pretty cheap, and that just bolts in, so you could replace it yourself. For the front windshield, don't even bother trying to swap it yourself. Just call an auto glass place and let them do it. The windshield I'm guessing would be about $200 installed.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm needing the new price on 'em both. There's a little punk that owes me some money in my auto tech class

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
What happened? He bust out your windows and you found out? As for the prices, look in the phone book under auto glass and call up some of the places and ask what it would cost.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
If he broke your windows, I would make him pay to have both the windshield and the door glass installed. Why make it easy on him by doing the door yourself? You weren't the one that caused the damage. If that don't fly, get the 'rents and teacher involved.

Jay

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Here in vegas the front windshield will run between $95 and $385 depending on how long you want to wait for it to actually get done and whether you bring the car to them or have them come to you, also if you want any kind of warrenty on their work.... drivers side front costs from $45 to $200 again depending where you get it done, if you need tint, if you want glass or glass and an install, if you go to them or they come to you.... etc....

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
and yes I really did get a drivers side front window for $45 with tint.... no install but its not that hard to install yourself..... locked my keys and phone in the car one day.... debated on which peice of glass would cost less, or if I should walk to a gas station call pop lock and wait for an hour.... didn't feel like waiting so rock through the window it was lol

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Much easier to just carrry your regular key ring w/ car key on it, plus a seperate small Tbird/Cougar/whatever keyring with just the car key on it, plus a spare one in your wallet just in case...

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the inforation I needed, thanks.

As for what happened, he didn't break the window, but did chip it. I'm suprised worse didn't happen. I could try to explain it in words, but when I happen to have a little diagram showing what happened, that's easier

I was at about the corner of the college lot when it happened

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
So he only chipped your windows, or is he paying for paint, too?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Suprisingly, he didin't do much to the paint, just a few small chips. Most people wouldn't notice it. One of them little paint pens would cover that. The main thing is, he needs to be taught a lesson. And the amount it would cost to fix my car, plus a few other cars he damaged, which 'll probably be over $1000, oughta be a good start.

Or, it could be that I'm just an @$$ like that

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Kelsey Smith said:
The main thing is, he needs to be taught a lesson.
how about finnish Molotov cocktail? :zdunno:

they sure taught the invading Soviets a lesson. :D

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh that thought has crossed my mind. Plus several of the witnesses, whom he threatened not to tell. Aparantly, several of them were threatened with either bodily or vehicular damage. I think I've got the upper hand...I know where he lives. Big 'ol house. His family's got cash

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Torching his mid 90s Nissan pickup wouldn't hardly be worth the gas needed

1 - 16 of 16 Posts