TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my girlfriends v6 '96 is starting to become more trouble than it's worth, i'm getting rid of it, getting her a small car that she's wanted. besides, 2 t-birds and 1 mark viii is just too much :) it's got 197k and hasn't been legaly inspected in about 3 years (due to a million codes on the scan tool) so i'm thinking about parting it out and selling them on ebay, i'm wondering if anybody could give me some advice as i've never parted a car out before...

i'm wondering if someone could help me out and tell me what are some good parts to sell on ebay that commonly get a good sale price and aren't that time consuming to pull. i'm looking to get at least $400 in parts, anybody know some jewels i could pull?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Hood, header panel, MAF, fuel injectors, alternator, rear disc brakes, and climate control unit. If it's a 4.6 the intake manifold, upper plenum, throttle body, fuel rails, fuel lines, intake tube, and all vacuum lines/air tubes from the top of the motor. Also if the differential is a traction lock then you can get a few bucks for that too. Spoiler if it has one.

-Miller

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
The shifter handle with slider. AC vents. The reflectors on the lower door panel if you don't sell the whole panel itself. The "switch pods" on the doors pop right off and you need a phillips to get the connector off the back. Defrost switch. airbag(s) if good. Do 96's have the locking glove box door? Center Console... or at least the lid. As was mentioned the dash bezels, cluster.

What else - the plastic seat trim pieces, mirror, C pillar lights if it has them. The whats it called, um you know the ceiling lamp.

that's all stuff you see on ebay and it adds up, it's easy to ship all of that stuff too.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
If they are still good the visors too. are they lighted? is it a moonroof car or not?

What are the seats like, is the passenger one still nice? the cruise control switches, or the whole wheel if it's leather wrapped and still nice looking.

What wheels does it have on it, if you can't sell them at least grab the center caps for ebay...

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
What shape are the interior panels in? If you part it out pm me, I'd like the headlight switch panel, both the dash trim pieces and the console top if they are in good shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts