TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys without doing anything crazy whats the best exhaust way to go, and brake it down for me cause im kinda dumb what brand what size, what are cats and use cats, no cats some cats lol i don't know. what do you recomend? i like someone lounder that rumbles good.

what would you go with?

thanks

·
Registered
514 Posts
or a magnaflow Dual in/dual out midmounted in place of the 3rd cat. thats what i have and it sounds great!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
im torn between two different set ups, duals with 2 glasspacks and tips or duals with a di/do magnaflow with tips, whats the main difference in sound and performance because im pretty sure they're similar in pricing

·
Registered
850 Posts
glasspacks would sound like crap on a V6 so your best bet would be the DI/DO Magnaflow. You wont gain any noticeable power eihter way. The price for the Maganflow is around $80 I think and glasspacks are like $20 each depending on brand.

·
Registered
608 Posts
i had glasspacks on an otherwise unrestricted exhaust setup, and all it did for me was tone down the nasty at the top of the range, and i thought it sounded pretty damn good. then again i never heard the car from the outside, so it may have sounded like sh*t, but it sounded good on the inside

·
Registered
798 Posts
Lithsanatrex said:
i had glasspacks on an otherwise unrestricted exhaust setup, and all it did for me was tone down the nasty at the top of the range, and i thought it sounded pretty damn good. then again i never heard the car from the outside, so it may have sounded like sh*t, but it sounded good on the inside
The other day I was letting my older brother drive the car in a parking lot since it had just rained. Well...the idiot ended up just gunnin it and whipping the car around.

At around 3000rpm..sounds pretty good. I love the sound of it starting up.

But yeah..if you guys want, I'll try to get some soundclips tomorrow. I'll probably have to use my phone, so the quality is gonna be pretty crap.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its a 4.6 its not a 3.8 so what brand and everything im dumb when it comes to cats and all that crap was thinking something with a deep sound to it and around 350 dollars or is that too cheap?

thanks

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Kodiak kid said:
true duals, high-flo cats (if needed), 2.25" piping (unless you plan on making A LOT of power) into 2 borla's and call it good :D
That's my suggestion also. Deep sound, almost like the old muscle cars. Can't help on the Cats except to loose them if you don't have smog testing in your area.

Print out some of the exhaust set ups in the tech section and go to a mom and pop exhaust shop. You'll need the pics because some will say duals can't be done through the tunnel. That will be the cheapest. I got my borlas for $50-60 each (can't remember for sure) and $80 for the piping and installation.

Rob

·
Registered
608 Posts
i took mine to a "mom and po" type shop and did my setup for around 150 and some beer so it was a good deal as far as i was concerned (dont recall actual price but it wasnt bad)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Fordraceing said:
ok guys without doing anything crazy whats the best exhaust way to go, and brake it down for me cause im kinda dumb what brand what size, what are cats and use cats, no cats some cats lol i don't know. what do you recomend? i like someone lounder that rumbles good.

what would you go with?

thanks

go to the offcial exhaust vids in the esxhaust section at the very top. they have set ups for 4.6's. gives a video and names hat they have on that car. so u can get an idea from there:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=78905

1 - 14 of 14 Posts