TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and some say you can use the OEM struts, some say you cant b/c the mounting tabs will brake off the hood, some say you can use just one of the oem struts. Whats the consensus? Whats different between the OEM and the struts sold by legendary that were 'supposed' to be included and that barely any people actually received?

I would prefer to have the struts, but if that will somehow jeopardize the hood...then i guess my other alternative would be the prop-rod off a stang or something...but im not fond of making holes in the car unless I have to. Im feeling kinda unconfy already by having to make holes on the rad support for the hood pins. But then again its that....or a nice wooden block or broom stick :rolleyes: .

Any help appreciated. Thanx!

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Hey dude! Long time no see!

I've got my new one on the way. I think I'm gonna stick with my OEM ones. They'd barely hold up the stock hood so I think they're weak enough. You getting that one from Jason that he got from me, lol?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff bud, whats up! Long time dear friend! Actually i got my hood from ebay like on a monday, and maybe two days later Jason emails me about his hood. Just a few days difference. Im kinda weary about using my oem ones since it might rip the housing...just in case in a later time i can use some type of struts. From posts i've read im confused as to what it is that damages the hood....if its the length or the actual 'strength'...or what! Im posting now so that hopefully i get some answers...i know it takes time...hehehe. The hood i have is a 96-97 so im gathering parts to do the headlight swap. so in the mean time....let me hear some info on the struts!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I don't know about everyone else... my Cobra R hood has warps from the hood struts. I am trying to find an alternative for holding the hood up... but haven't found anything yet.

Using only one hood strut, would bend the hood; one would think. I wouldn't try that, unless you want to mess up your hood, or are very careful.

-Kornhaus

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Who is this Jason, and does he have another hood he is selling?

-Joel

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Jason Miller. He's got my old 94/5 Legendary Cobra hood with scoops that he's selling for $400. Jason Miller is his board name on here, but you can probably get ahold of him quicker on mamn12.com.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts