TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering why everyone was swapping them out with the Mustang one. I have a chance to get one for very cheap, just wondering what the drawback is.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
i used the explorer intake on waynes 95 also i drilled the whole thru in the back and tapped the plastic srewed a fitting in no problem been on there for like 5 -6 month know its a tight fit but the same tap used for the front can be used for the plastic in back if it blows out ill be sure and let u guys know but i dont think its going anywere

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The pipe nipple is there in the back; it's just not open. I think you could open it up and use it.
Rob

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
If you use the explorer intake unmodified, not only do you have poor cooling of the driver's side head like stock, you now have poor cooling of the passenger side head as well.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Just curious, are the runners longer on the Explorer intake as well to maximize low end torque like they are with the trucks 4.6's?

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Mod Motor Cat said:
Just curious, are the runners longer on the Explorer intake as well to maximize low end torque like they are with the trucks 4.6's?
No. This is a car-style intake not a Triton intake.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
kdanner said:
If you use the explorer intake unmodified, not only do you have poor cooling of the driver's side head like stock, you now have poor cooling of the passenger side head as well.
Kris,

This is because of the heater core nipple location?

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Palmguy said:

Kris,

This is because of the heater core nipple location?
Exactly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts