TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 bird met california emmisions. Did they all meet california standards or were there different models for diferent regions? I don't have any emmisions laws where i am so where can i start to get some horses from my suffocated baby??
:2huh:

·
Super Moderator
7,663 Posts
I don't think the 4.6s had any difference, but I know the 3.8s had a few differences in 94/95, like the cali cars got DIS in 94 but the regular ones still had a distributer. In terms of performance, do some exhaust work and maybe delete the cats if you want, but if you go with high flow cats they actually don't hurt performance at all. Really all the emissions stuff on your car is designed in such a way that there is no performance loss by having it there and functioning. If it breaks and you don't have emissions testing, that's one thing, but I really wouldn't go spending money to remove emissions devices that aren't hurting anything to begin with. There are better things to spend your money on to make your car quicker, like chip, gears, converter, head swap, etc.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts