TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 94-95 are the same(i have a 94), but I my local junkyard has a 96 that was wrecked, they said they will pull it to the front for me to look at and see what I want off it

Are there alot of parts that are the same?

If so, I'll need to get down there and grab a few things.

Also, whats a few good parts to grab that I dont need now, but will in the future?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Off the top of my head....

hood
headlights
header panel
bumper cover
block
intake system
fuel lines
cylinder heads

I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting, but If I was you, I'd get the entire engine, or at least from the cylinder heads up.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Tail lights
Sport option
Body molding
Factory Wing
3.27 gears standard

That's all I can think of.

-Miller

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
you should grab the heads, intake manifold, intake elbow, TB, intake tube, fuel rails, fuel lines (from filter to rails), Throttle cable/ cruise control cable bracket and cables, and all the vacuum lines.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, thanks for the ideas, the 96 he had was a v6... He then then checked again and found a 95 4.6...

hes gonna pull that one up front for me within a week...gonna see if I can buy the entire car, strip it and give it back.

The only thing I really need is the plastic molding around the bottom of the power seats and the battery compartment, but I im going to try and get as much as I can off this junker because ive done this before with my last car and saved tons of cash having spare parts handy.

·
Registered
987 Posts
If I might make a reccomendation. Wait and do that with a 96/97... All the parts everyone reccomend you get are upgrades to the 94/95 style... Having spare parts is a good thing, however you might as well make those spare parts the better option...

Sam

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
slayer, thanks for the advise. Although I dont have access to a 4.6 ltr 96-97 atm.

Still havnt seen what the 95 4.6 looks like yet my local auto salvage has...

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
If possiable grab the front bumper, stryfoam underneath, headlights, and headlight support along with the rear bumper. I strongly recomend that you get the fuel lines from the fuel filther foward to the motor if it is a 4.6. It is also recomended to get the throttle and cruise controol cables. The reason for the parts is if you are going to do a explor motor swap the fuel lines you have foward of the filther won't work. and have been discontinued from ford dan only has 5 sets left.

·
Registered
987 Posts
blown, those parts are from the 94/95 that they are needed from?

Sam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts