TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Well I see you are in North Carolina also, we'll there both aluminum and about 80 lbs lighter than your cast block, the teksid uses jack shaft screws on the side main bolts were the wap bolts the cap up against the block, they will both handle plenty of power some say the teksid is better, I persanolly ran the wap block with 735 rwhp thru an auto so it all depends on what u after, I'm switching to a boss block which is a iron block but I'm shooting for 800 plus rwhp and plan on doing it reliable instead of balls to the wall

·
Super Moderator
12,914 Posts
Whats the difference between a teskid block and a wap block?
PM Replied to.

I'll post a copy here for all to see:

The WAP (Windsor Aluminum Plant) block is newer than the Teksid (built from 1993 to 1999).

Just a word about spelling; don't transpose the S and the K - it's a common mistake. It's spelled teksid not teskid.

There's a great explanation of the differences and other information at the link below.

According to Sean Hyland: The Teksid block is the strongest production aluminum case available and is the ideal block for builds above 900 HP. The WAP block is suitable for builds up to about 600 HP. But, as Rob said, you can run them over 700 RWHP.

http://www.modularfoxmustangs.com/community/index.php?threads/fords-4-6l-teksid-and-wap-blocks.811/

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,856 Posts
the 05+ WAPs used in the 05+ 4.6 Mustangs and aluminator engines are even stronger than the Teksid. There's little worry of splitting a 01-04 WAP block though. The internals will fail first 99% of the time.

IMO Much of the reason the WAP is considered weaker is that SVT used an iron block in the terminator instead of the WAP used in the 01 Cobras/Mach 1. Most speculated that the WAP was too weak for it, and I believe SVT even perpetuated that rumor. These days I think it was less of a strength issue than it was a fitment issue. The 03 Cobras Eaton will not physically fit a WAP block due to the knock sensor bosses. Those need to be ground down for the lower intake to fit on eaton swap cars. Plus with the slew of other semi exotic parts on it, it's cheaper to produce a cast iron block than aluminum which would have made the car slightly more profitable.

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

thanks for everyone feedback. this may be a dumb question but what years would I be able to find the wap blocks and or the teksid blocks?

·
Super Moderator
12,914 Posts
I got to read the pi swap article again I think I only got to swap over a couple of things.
Read the PI swap article again for where to find WAP blocks. :rolleyes:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=94152

thanks for everyone feedback. this may be a dumb question but what years would I be able to find the wap blocks and or the teksid blocks?
The Teksid blocks can be sourced from Lincoln Mark VIII's. I listed the dates of mfg. for the Teksid blocks in the post above. Time for you to do some homework.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Good to know the 05+ WAP blocks are stronger then teksid :D
What i used in my mustang build.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts