TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats is so different between a 99 cobra engine and a 96 cobra engine that i can get the 99 for 1500 and the 96 for 8700? i would think that the 96 would be cheaper. unless the place i'm looking at just has a LOT more 99 cobra engines. i'm looking into saving up for a cobra engine and then putting a kenne bell supercharger on it, but they haven't finished the kit for the 99-01 cobras yet. but for that kind of price difference, i would rather wait for them to finish the kit for the 99. also, that way i could get the engine sooner, have more time to build it up and strengthen it, and then save up for the kit. that sounds like the smarter idea, unless they just give up on the 99-01 kit, which i doubt they would do. i think i just made up my mind while asking for opinions. i would appreciate any ideas anyone has on this idea. thanks for listening to me go on.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but I think that the 96-98 DOHC intake has a system that can choose between two different size runners. A long runner for 3000 and below and a short intake runner for 3000 and above. The 99+ DOHC intake have a much smoother runner than the 96-98 though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts