TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my bird has been sititng for a while now because i figured it was a blown head head gasket. I replaced the intake manifold gasket's and all that and it still smoked... but i was reading a bit today and saw that the intake can actually break causeing this problem. can anyone give me a little bit more info about this?? and why it happens? It will help me out a ton.

thanks

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Monk said:
Well my bird has been sititng for a while now because i figured it was a blown head head gasket. I replaced the intake manifold gasket's and all that and it still smoked... but i was reading a bit today and saw that the intake can actually break causeing this problem. can anyone give me a little bit more info about this?? and why it happens? It will help me out a ton.

thanks
year and engine of car please??? go to your profile and imput your car info so i shows up under your user name on the left

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VicRattlehead said:

year and engine of car please??? go to your profile and imput your car info so i shows up under your user name on the left
dang man..i know i havent been to a meet in like 2 years but i thought at least you would remmeber :(

its a 94 4.6

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
ohhh yeaa

your intake dont crack its metal, the newer 96-7 4.6's had a composit lower intake and behind the alt it tends to crack. but you dont have one, so dont worry about it.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If your intake breaks you'll know it - coolant instantly gushes out and covers everything! We're not talking little leak - 'more like Niagara Falls!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dang..i was hopeing it was something like that..i dont wanna pullthe heads :( thanks all for the help

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
If you can afford it, don't pull the heads. Pull the motor and find a 99+ GT motor or an 02 Explorer motor and swap that in. The results will be worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts