TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Randomly comes and go's , Someone not paying there bill again , Or knows not what they are doing for server issues . Give me a call I can help out 120 per hour :D

My going rate lol Telecom servers that is ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,172 Posts
Yeah, I've noticed it too.

Now I expect someone will pop in from nowhere and either tell us that this wouldn't happen if we were all paying members, or to stop complaining because we don't understand or appreciate what's going on behind the scenes.

·
Super Moderator
11,904 Posts
Yeah, I've noticed it too.

Now I expect someone will pop in from nowhere and either tell us that this wouldn't happen if we were all paying members, or to stop complaining because we don't understand or appreciate what's going on behind the scenes.
What he said... :rolleyes:

I paid my lifetime dues to Bill years ago - long before he sold the site. As far as AAN is concerned I'm a mooch too...

·
Super Moderator
9,172 Posts
See, I knew it! :D

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Not to point fingers or anything, but AAN are just the owners of the site..

AFAIK..Bill is the one responsible to make sure the site stays running smoothly..When he has time that is..

I think that was a key issue for him selling the site to begin with..Not having enough time to devote to the site to keep things running smoothly..

Anyways..Every website is gonna have a hiccup every now, and then..It's just a matter of how long it takes to fix said hiccup..lol
Randomly comes and go's , Someone not paying there bill again , Or knows not what they are doing for server issues . Give me a call I can help out 120 per hour :D

My going rate lol Telecom servers that is ;)
Thanks for offering your services Darren.. :tongue:
theterminator93 said:
Now I expect someone will pop in from nowhere and tell us that this wouldn't happen if we were all paying members
Actually..Being a paid member wouldn't make a bit of difference on server reliability..That's just an issue someone has to make the time to fix..

Rayo..

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Not to point fingers or anything, but AAN are just the owners of the site..

AFAIK..Bill is the one responsible to make sure the site stays running smoothly..When he has time that is..

I think that was a key issue for him selling the site to begin with..Not having enough time to devote to the site to keep things running smoothly..
That doesn't make sense. How can he sell the site but then keep the headache of running it? That's the whole point of selling the site, so you don't have to deal with the hassle of running it (it's a pain some days, trust me). Well, that or ca$hing out.

·
Super Moderator
11,904 Posts
That doesn't make sense. How can he sell the site but then keep the headache of running it? That's the whole point of selling the site, so you don't have to deal with the hassle of running it (it's a pain some days, trust me). Well, that or ca$hing out.
Because, as I understand it, he's actually gotten paid for selling the site AND they're continuing to pay him to maintain it. It's the best of both worlds for him...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Because, as I understand it, he's actually gotten paid for selling the site AND they're continuing to pay him to maintain it. It's the best of both worlds for him...
That's different. I know a few guys that sold their automotive forums and once their contractual obligations were done, they were glad to move on.

Funny enough, one of the guys is back running auto forums again, I guess he lost a pile of cash in 08 when the markets and economy went down the toilet.

·
Super Moderator
9,172 Posts
Well at least I know who to pester when that happens then. :tongue:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts