TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few simple quick questions since I don't know squat about cars, but at least I'm learning. First question, I have a 95 Cougar with a moonroof and about a foot and a half behind it is a square shaped piece that looks like it can come off with a screwdriver or a good hard tug. I just wanted know what that piece is for, is it easier access to the moonroof if something needs to be fixed? Second underneath my glovebox there is a data link port, just wanted to double check because isn't it where you hook up a special computer to your car so you can know possibly whats wrong? Thanks!:confused:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
well, judging by miki's 94 bird and my friends 98 sable... that little plstic piece concels some wiring, possibly for the moonroof, since both of them have one. the data port thing is im assuming a connection to the computer. -greg

·
Registered
106 Posts
yes that square piece comes off and gives access to the motor for the moonroof. i would not recommend taking it off tho because the screws are plastic and the rivets will be torn up when taking it off and so the piece will not stay in place very good...

·
Registered
658 Posts
The little data port is your connection to the EEC
or computer. As cars became more complicated and people began to get headaches....God gave us computers for our cars. Whenever you have a problem with your car the frist thing you can do is to plug an OBD (on board diagnostics) scanner into your car. The scanner will most likely tell you what you need to heal your cougar.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Yes, that access panel is for your moonroof motor access. If you do pull it off for whatever reason, you'll have to go to the parts store and find a new pair of the plastic rivet thingies. They're like $.75 so they're big deal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts