TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys wondering what a suitable metal would be to make wheel adapters out of. my brother wants to run GM wheels on his dakota r/t and asked if i could make them at work on the mill. easy enough to program and make it just getting the spacing and pattern correct.

all i know is prob about 1" thick. wants to do this because most of the adapters do not have a ring to support the rim, only supported by the lug studs and the ones that have the ring are expensive i guess.

thanks for any help. and yes i suggested a hub swap and said he that was expensive as well.

Dean

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
maybe Cudaz101 could chime in with some expertise/opinion?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have nothing to add that has not already been said all or in part.

Advice would be to simply find something that fits correct. Sooooo many options available. You would likely have more money into the wheels & spacers than if you just bought something that worked to begin with.

good luck

Brad

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my brother had some spacers on his mustang for a while and had no problems, i believe they were H&R or something, hence why i don't see them as a terrible idea. anyone want to share with me exact reasons/bad experiences with them?

not looking for a fight, just never ran into any problems or heard of anything bad first hand, just people saying they are a bad idea

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
these will end up being hub centric with a lip. on that link posted by XR7-4.6 did you know what kind of adapters those were??

·
Registered
367 Posts
m2 brand 6061 t6 billet aluminum 1 inch adapter. wheel adapters work yes, but it does put more stress on lug nuts, because theres only 4- 6 threads at the most holding the adapter on. i dont feel the comfortable with only that many threads holding my wheels and adapter on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts