TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on sccoa and didn't get any response. So now I'll try here.
I have been looking at a lot of wheels. It's unfortunate how few choices we have. Whether it be our bolt pattern or the mustang. I wanted something different than anyone else, but it won't be happening because of the limited choices.
I thought that I would definitely was going deep dish. After looking at other birds and my options, that may not be the way I go. I will be going 18x10 and 18x9. My choices are the obvious 3 of the the Cobra R, Saleen Speedstar, and 03 Cobra. I also like the Foose Nitrous, a couple from CCW, and a couple from cudaz101. I really don't like the idea of paying over $500 a wheel. I really like the Nitrous and haven't seen them on a bird so I could be the first.
What I'm not sure of and would like input for is the fitment of the Nitrous and Saleen. The Nitrous wheels are 18x10 and 18x8.5 with offsets of 38 and 34 and bs of 7 and 6.1. The Saleen are 18x10 and 18x9 with offsets of 40 and 30 and bs of 7.1 and 6.2. Will these work? I am afraid the offset on the 10" Nitrous and the 9" Saleen aren't enough. What do the experts think?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Our 18X9 offset is +36mm and our 18X10 is a +45mm.

To go higher with these offset numbers would be the wrong way to go. You can however go as much as 5MM lower on the front and back wheels and not suffer too much. These offset numbers were chosen for a reason though.

I work exclusively with Chris Coddington when I need a billet wheel option. Too many times things have gone wrong working with others. Yes, the starting point for a custom 18" 2pc billet wheel is around $500ea. I still got some nice billet coddingtons in 17's for crazy low prices. Cant believe I still got them!!

- Brad

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Not sure if you're still looking, but on my old 95, I ran the following setup:

Front: 18x9, 30 offset, 245/45/18
Back: 18x10, 40 offset, 275/40/18

My fenders were rolled, but I never had a fitment issue. The fronts poked out a bit more than I wanted, but still no clearance issues. Actually, when I had it on airbags, I could tuck all 4 wheels in the fenders without rubbing on the outside. I could dig up some pics if needed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not sure if you're still looking, but on my old 95, I ran the following setup:

Front: 18x9, 30 offset, 245/45/18
Back: 18x10, 40 offset, 275/40/18

My fenders were rolled, but I never had a fitment issue. The fronts poked out a bit more than I wanted, but still no clearance issues. Actually, when I had it on airbags, I could tuck all 4 wheels in the fenders without rubbing on the outside. I could dig up some pics if needed.
could you post those pics please? I m looking for wheel and tire combos and I think it would be helpful to see the fitment. Thanks.

·
Registered
408 Posts
scrape scrape

@ OP (and anyone really): If you're looking for uniqueness, the no-brainer is to have custom wheels fabbed to look and fit anyway you like.
I've seen some of those services for about the $500 mark per wheel as alluded to in the OP -- more than OP wanted to pay, but you can't have cu$tom w/o the co$t. Live with fewer choices or pony up the dough and uber impress all your friends...

·
Registered
408 Posts
I was also thinking ground clearance. That would never make it across some of the speed bumps around these parts. Well maybe it would, hard to tell -- how does it compare with a Vette?

edit: nm, I suppose you had dash-controlled bags/shocks to account for bumps..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts