TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 40 of 751 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Nice looking car! I need to get some clear corners. Chrome or polished?

I see you changed between the cobra head and the dome centers, which ones did you end up with (which ones do you have on it now)? I went with the domes even though they come close to sticking out further than the rim edge. I tried (and failed) to get some Cougar centers, but they are the wrong size.

I would love to have 17x10 in the rear. 17x9 in the front on mine is the limit, but I need to put spacers in the rear to get the wheels closer to the fender. I really need to get them in 18x9, I should have taken the leap the first time.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've got 17x7.5's in front with 255/50' on them. They are VERY close to the spindle.

Of course offset would make all the difference in the world however.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i got some 255/45s of a 9 wide i can maybe fit a pencil it between the rim and spindle

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I can beat that. I've got 255/50/17's on 7.5" wheels and when I first put them on I couldn't fit a quarter between the tire and the vertical bolt coming down out of the upper control arm (what is that bolt called? Its not the ball joint itself, it hangs below the ball joint). At any rate, we had to "trim" it back a some to get the required clearance.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
trying to get this back on topic....

Just your run of the mill 2nd gen SC rims. They flow with the car great, but im tired of them...

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
My bad, sorry for the hijack.

Here's my old rims as well... 16x7.5 Mille Miglia Spyders, 225-60-16 Goodyear Aquatred 3's.

These are for sale too! :D

-Joel

·
Registered
917 Posts
those just look like sport wheels with different caps to me

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Thats basically what they are.

·
Registered
917 Posts
oh sweet

·
Registered
130 Posts
Finally!

After 7 years and 60k of waiting 18X8 Voxx Misanos are on order from Discount Tire Direct. $135 ea. Glad to support Roush sponsor.

New Dunlop Sport Maxx 245/45/18's just arrived from Tirerack.
$427 for the set with $100 rebate.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
how did you get a $100 rebate, the site only says $50? Nice choice on rims though, me likey!

-Joel

·
Registered
130 Posts
I see that it's only $50 now.

It must have ended in the last week or so.
Glad I got mine in time!

Also considered the General Exclaim but read too many reviews that said the handing wasn't very good.

·
Registered
130 Posts
P.s.

Thanks GODSPEED for the nice comment on the wheels.

I really like the BBS in that style but $$$ and I like the lip on the Voxx better.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Yeah, for that price you cant be beat. BBS aren't worth the money IMO. I paid $185 a wheel for my fondmetals back on '04. Can't wait to see those on your car, what color is it?

-Joel

·
Registered
130 Posts
Godspeed

'96 Sport Graphite Night Mist.

My '92 Sport was that light blue metalic. This color took a little getting used to.

I'll post pics on the car when the wheels come in.

·
Registered
122 Posts
the ADR X-Factor are my favorite by far, coddington's smoothies are second

·
Registered
366 Posts
Those smoothies are my favorite rim, ever.

21 - 40 of 751 Posts