TCCoA Forums banner

721 - 740 of 765 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well the great thing about PlastiDip is that it's not permanent. I can peel it off at any time. The one wheel though isn't in great shape. The chrome plating was actually flaking off in one area and a couple parts of the wheel were corroding. This actually helped make it look better and should protect it from further damage. I liked the chrome center caps for contrast.[/quote]
I just did the same thing to my buddy, Kermit the Ford. We were both tired of the aged aluminum look. I decided to paint one first to see the results.

The only problem so far: I didn't apply it to the point the product looked wet, and, I live on a dusty gravel lane. The black really shows the dust. I applied three medium coats of black, two coats of glossifier, and an application of lemon furniture polish to smooth the surface and repel dirt. I scuffed the surface of the wheels after a thorough washing, wiped down with alcohol, covered the rotors with plastic bags, but sprayed the drums.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
123 Posts
19" Niche Misano's :D

As you may or may not know I've been constantly looking for a set of Saleen Speedstars for my cougar but SCP and Customwheel shop haven't had them for a while. every time I check they never have them in stock anymore so I had to settle for something that I think looks better than the speedstars.

With a lot of helpful information from Sam on the TCCoA facebook page I got 19" Niche Misano's. They are 5x108 Bolt pattern, 40mm offset, fronts 19x8.5 and rears 19x9.5. I got Continental ExtremeContact DW tires 245/40/r19 for the front and 275/35/19 for the rear. They fit perfect and look awesome. Took a nearly 20 year old car and made it look normal to todays standards (Minus that horrible front wheel gap). lol The car has Eibach 1.5" Lowering Springs on KYB Shocks. The Cougar I have is a 97 with the JJJJ Sport suspension and I haven't had any issues with these wheels fitting. Everything fit perfect and didn't have to worry about clearance issues.

Here are a few pics. What cha think?

·
Premium Member
551 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,044 Posts
As you may or may not know I've been constantly looking for a set of Saleen Speedstars for my cougar but SCP and Customwheel shop haven't had them for a while. every time I check they never have them in stock anymore so I had to settle for something that I think looks better than the speedstars.

With a lot of helpful information from Sam on the TCCoA facebook page I got 19" Niche Misano's. They are 5x108 Bolt pattern, 40mm offset, fronts 19x8.5 and rears 19x9.5. I got Continental ExtremeContact DW tires 245/40/r19 for the front and 275/35/19 for the rear. They fit perfect and look awesome. Took a nearly 20 year old car and made it look normal to todays standards (Minus that horrible front wheel gap). lol The car has Eibach 1.5" Lowering Springs on KYB Shocks. The Cougar I have is a 97 with the JJJJ Sport suspension and I haven't had any issues with these wheels fitting. Everything fit perfect and didn't have to worry about clearance issues.

Here are a few pics. What cha think?

Those look sexy as hell!

·
Registered
2010 BMW M5
1,665 Posts
Those look sexy as hell!
Indeed!

Have you considered blacking out your grille with some plastidip? It might make the car look even more sick nasty.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I just had a pair of Mark VIII wheels powder coated, and I am VERY happy with the results. I went with gloss black, and they look great.

I will be mounting snow tires on these, and using them exclusively as winter wheels.

Attachments

Reactions: Woodman

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I just had a pair of Mark VIII wheels powder coated, and I am VERY happy with the results. I went with gloss black, and they look great.

I will be mounting snow tires on these, and using them exclusively as winter wheels.
Those look awesome!

·
Super Moderator
11,175 Posts
Those do look great; but I love those wheels in Chrome. :)

Especially on Tbirds, for some reason.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
What does it cost to get 4 wheels powder coated. Those look awesome
The local powder coater charged $45 per wheel and that included sand blasting them up beforehand.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Those do look great; but I love those wheels in Chrome. :)
Thanks. I agree about those wheels in chrome. It's just harder and harder to find them with the chrome in good condition (and when you do find them- they are pricey).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd repainted the stock wheels to sell and then put the money plus the cost of powder coating toward a set of super light 17" rims with some 255 50 17 tires for a huge improvement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,650 Posts
721 - 740 of 765 Posts