TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys.

I am new mamber and I have a question or two for you . I changed the aftermarket wheels, and after installing the wheels can move around.
The only way I know other than new wheels is install spacers or hub centric rings. Should I install spacers and do I need to use longer lug nuts?

Next question is where do I find hub centric spacers? I have looked all over the internet for them and can't spacers suit for my car.
I saw this article from BONOSS wheel spacers yesterday while searching for spacers. Has anyone know this spacer? And what is the thickness of the front and rear wheels of the spacers you installed?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
If the wheels are the correct offset no spacers should be needed.

The wheels should have come with hub centric rings, unless they were used.
Here is a link to buy rings. You will need to use a dail caliper to find the diameter of both the wheel bore and the hub so you can get the correct size.

If you really want to run spacers yes you need to upgrade your lugs.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,066 Posts
The stock studs are good for up to a 1/4” spacer, but if you use spacers thicker than 1/4” a hubcentric ring won’t do any good, the hub center won’t reach into the wheel bore. There are some thicker (1/2”) specialty spacers with a hub centric lip milled into them but you definitely need longer studs for those, and they’re pricey and probably would need to be custom made for your application since hub bores vary depending on what the wheel was designed for.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can't speak for the MN12 hub, but 1/4" or 6.35 mm is too much for the studs on an SN95 front hub. Test fitting just 4 mm worth of stacked shims was enough to determine sufficient thread engagement wasn't going to happen and made me decide on extended ARP studs.

Anyway, this thread lacks so much fundamental info. No wheel specs, no measurements, no installation pics. Does the OP have an MN12?

NGL, the vagueness and the link to that site make me suspect a bot.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Typical spacers are countersunk, and the lug nut recesses into the spacer well on to the stud.
I hate them for lots of reasons but I use them to prove fitment if wheels and tires.
Spacers will alter offset and scrub radius, your car was not designed for them.
Go to Full Tilt Boogie Racing and buy a set of Mustang hubs all the way around. Tell James that Malcolm from Ocelot Performance sent you over to him.
I would not run spacers and be comfortable with it, that's just me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts