TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the factory length and size of the wheel studs on these cars are? Is it possible to get ones that are .5" longer. Getting the car ready to be plated, I wrecked a stud so I need to have it replaced. When I go to the track, it would make my life a lot easier if the fronts were .5" longer.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Does anyone know what the factory length and size of the wheel studs on these cars are? Is it possible to get ones that are .5" longer. Getting the car ready to be plated, I wrecked a stud so I need to have it replaced. When I go to the track, it would make my life a lot easier if the fronts were .5" longer.
Hello

You ever get to Niagara Falls?
I have a pile of of wheel studs. Both fronts & rears.
I use aftermarket wheel studs.(1/2 - 20) & 1" nuts

:wiggle:

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Hello

You ever get to Niagara Falls?
I have a pile of of wheel studs. Both fronts & rears.
I use aftermarket wheel studs.(1/2 - 20) & 1" nuts

:wiggle:
It's funny you brought that up. I have a whole pile from front hubs and I just figured they would be they same as the rears - THEY AREN'T.....

I'm like WTF, two different size wheel studs?!? Both M12-1.5, but the knurling on the end are different sizes. :eek:

Also, to the OP, I just want to Advanced to get some replacements for my Mark VIII and they have different lengths in stock.

·
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been to Niagara Falls. Are the rears longer than the front? It is the front ones that I need to be longer. Unless I change both my street and racing rims which I do not want to do, I need to stick with the stock thickness. I will check out some of the auto parts stores. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I have been to Niagara Falls. Are the rears longer than the front? It is the front ones that I need to be longer. Unless I change both my street and racing rims which I do not want to do, I need to stick with the stock thickness. I will check out some of the auto parts stores. Thank you.
No, they are all the same length, but the knurling (the part that presses into the hole of the hub) are different sizes on the front and back. The rear ones are a lot fatter than the front ones. I'll try to get you a pic once Daniela gets home with her good camera phone :D

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
FWIW, I went to 1/2-20 when I did the hub swap so my rear lug nuts would match the fronts.

·
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FWIW, I went to 1/2-20 when I did the hub swap so my rear lug nuts would match the fronts.
Were you able to get them with the right knurling or did you have that drilled out as well?

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts