TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, just a few questions..(and yes ive used the search button).after looking at all the pics in the wheel thread, the mustang wheels..do you have to do the hub swap or are there some that will fit on the bird? why are the aftermarket wheels so darn expensive,,im having a hard time finding wheels that look good on my bird..and if i do find some they are so sky high priced! ive got a mildly tuned bird am i absolutley hate the fan blades that are on it! anybody out there have any suggestions or ideas? sure would love any help...thanks..

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
hey everyone, just a few questions..(and yes ive used the search button).after looking at all the pics in the wheel thread, the mustang wheels..do you have to do the hub swap or are there some that will fit on the bird? why are the aftermarket wheels so darn expensive,,im having a hard time finding wheels that look good on my bird..and if i do find some they are so sky high priced! ive got a mildly tuned bird am i absolutley hate the fan blades that are on it! anybody out there have any suggestions or ideas? sure would love any help...thanks..
If you used the search, I can't believe you couldn't find the answer to probably one of the most common questions ever asked on this board.....:D

Anyway, no....a mustang wheel will not fit on a T-bird w/o doing a hub swap. As for your other question, what do you consider an expensive wheel? I have about $1400 in my wheel and tire setup and didn't think that was too bad.

You can also buy mustang style wheels (in the t-bird bolt pattern) from Brad at the custom wheel shop. Click on his link at the top of your screen. From what I've seen, he has some pretty good deals.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pardon my ignorance on the search topic.just trying to get some feedback from active forum users..thought mabye someone would have some different ideas..your wheels look great one your ride and thats not a bad price for your setup..im on a different budget..thanks for the input r8d...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
R8D
i love ur bird bro... great job!!!!!!!!!
Jamie

·
Registered
741 Posts
im on a different budget..thanks for the input r8d...
You're either going to spend a decent amount of money on a new set of wheels and tires in the T-bird pattern (unless you can pick up a set from a forum member here for cheap, which does happen occasionally), or you're going to spend a decent amount of time and money swapping over to Mustang hubs. Your choice. One of the pluses of doing a hub swap, though, is that you upgrade the brakes at the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts