TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked about how to remove the silencer and i got great feedback but someone mentioned removing the wheel which ive never heard of could someone please give me some more details on how to do these and what they do.thanks:confused:

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,013 Posts
i just removed the 3 bolts in the air box, got under the car and pulled it out between the splash gaurd and bumper cover

no wheel removal required,

it is suggested if the splash gaurd is removed then wheel must come off, but i've got it off without removing the wheel dozens of times

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I didn't try it without removing the wheel and tire, and I was going under there for another reason.

But even though I did it with the wheel and tire off, the inner fender removed, I don't see it being much fun without doing those. It doesn't take much to remove a wheel and tire and the inner fender, I don't get paid by the hour so I tend to take the longer path of least resistance instead of working blindly and cutting up my arms on plastic and all the metal flashes from the spot welds in that area.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Bangster said:
I didn't try it without removing the wheel and tire, and I was going under there for another reason.

But even though I did it with the wheel and tire off, the inner fender removed, I don't see it being much fun without doing those. It doesn't take much to remove a wheel and tire and the inner fender, I don't get paid by the hour so I tend to take the longer path of least resistance instead of working blindly and cutting up my arms on plastic and all the metal flashes from the spot welds in that area.
I agree with you on this one. No need in putting more scratches and mangleing my arm up more than it already has/is. Besides, if you try to stretch that plastic too far it can and will break. At the very least it will lose its elasticity and won't fit snugly again.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I kind of followed the same procedure for the fear of breaking something. I undid the screws off the bottom of the airbox. Pulled it down from underneath the car...jiggle alot...and seperated the two pieces, put it back in there, tightened some nuts, and off we are. Most people have been able to just reach in through the foglight, as i tried.....really helps trying to wiggle it free...don't be scared, you probably won't bust anything!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts