TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
FinalRights said:

What bolt circle conversion? o_O
A bolt circle conversion http://members.tccoa.com/dlf/Article.html is what's needed to convert from the MN12 (5x4.25) bolt pattern to the Mustang Bolt pattern (5x4.50). Do the Mustang hubs allow for more/less offset, or is 26mm still within reasonable limits for a 17x9 wheel on our cars?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have done the bolt circle conversion and run 18x9 cobra R's with a 24 or 26 mm offset and there are no problems at all. The tire sizes i an running are 245 40 18

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Slippy103 said:
I have done the bolt circle conversion and run 18x9 cobra R's with a 24 or 26 mm offset and there are no problems at all. The tire sizes i an running are 245 40 18
245/40/18's on an 18x9 wheel....that must be a tight fit? I was looking to bo between the 255 and 275 range on 17's, but I'd opt out for 18's if I knew I could get away with it?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Actually 245-40-18 is a bit on the short side not to mention that it is a lil closer to the rubberband sidewall "Not much sidewall"...

245-45-18 is exact height of stock tbird tire application. If you want to go wide in the rears you can do the 275-40-18 and the height is a nice match with the rears being a 1/10" taller than that of the fronts...

On my own setup I run a 245-45-18 all the way around with close to a 2" drop and I have ZERO issues...I run the ADR 18X8 with a +38MM offset on a 90SC

Brad

·
Registered
940 Posts
Cobra R's 18x9

Anyone know what offset and backspace would be needed on these 18x9's. They are cobra R's 18x9, tires would be 245/45/18 front and 275/40/18 rear Nitto 555.

The wheels are available in 24mm or 30mm offset, and 5.950 or 6.180 backspacing

I'm positive I need to go with 30mm offset but I am not sure which of the two backspacings available would fit the best.

Thanks

KW

·
Registered
940 Posts
Well after searching around this past week, I believe that I found the answer. It seems that the 30mm offset is same as 6.18 backspace. Backspace is supposedly measured with the lip of the wheel while offset is measured without the lip. Now for the hard part is for me to deside between Cobra R's, Cobra R Motorsports or the Fondmetals.........

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
toofast4u said:
FORD THUNDERBIRD 89-04
FORD WINDSTAR 95-03

same pattern. anyone know for sure about the offset on these two? i can geta set of 96 tbird wheels at a decent price, but want to make sure they will fit my van w/out any spacers or such. thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
KewlBird said:
It seems that the 30mm offset is same as 6.18 backspace. Backspace is supposedly measured with the lip of the wheel while offset is measured without the lip.
Actually, backspace and offset are different ways to measure pretty much the same thing. Backspace is the distance from the inside of the mounting hub to the inside of the wheel. Essentially, it's the space that hangs back into the wheel well. Offset is the distance that the mounting surface is offset from the centerline of the width of the wheel.

For instance, a 17x8" wheel with a backspace of 4" will have an offset of 0, since the mounting surface is right on the centerline. If it has a backspace of 5" it will have an offset of 1". If it has a backspace of 3", it will have an offset of -1" (negative offset wheel). As you can see, offset is a useless measurement without knowing the width of the wheel. Backspacing can tell you at least how much the wheel will protrude into the wheel well.

Here's a picture that explains it better.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
toofast4u said:
These cars have the same bolt pattern as the mn12.
BOLT PATTERN 5X4.25 OR (5X108)

FITMENTS

LINCOLN LS 00-04
just bought a 2000 ls sport with the 17" wheels. will my stock fanblades fit easily, or need adapters? they will be for winter use only. thanks.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
bump, anyone?

·
Registered
81 Posts
guy1138 said:
For instance, a 17x8" wheel with a backspace of 4" will have an offset of 0, since the mounting surface is right on the centerline.
This is not exactly true since the 8" width does not account for the wheel lip. You need to factor in that wheel lip (usually around 1") when determining backspacing from offset. So if that 17" x 8" wheel had a 0 offset, the backspacing would actually be somewhere around 4.5".

This is why you need to know both the offset and backspacing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
16" 7-spoke cast aluminum wheels with P225/60R16 Goodyear Eagle GT+4 touring tires (included only with Sport Edition)

Is this OE wheel hard to come by or expensive?

I tend to like the OE style wheels are there any OE 17" wheels from say a Mark VIII that would bolt right on to my '95 XR-7?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Not sure if this belongs in this thread...

Anyways the Cat wheels are in the for sale section at times...Rare??? I dunno...Spendy??? If you buy from the dealership YES, if you buy in the for sale forum here No...

Yes the MarkVIII wheels will bolt on to your 95 XR7. Same bolt pattern with a lil higher offset. Should be plenty of room.

Brad

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
does anybody know the backspacing on the stock 1994 15x6.5 tbird rims? i know how to measure it i'm just feeling to lazy to pull a wheel off to check :)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i'm just looking to put a pair of 15x7 weld pro stars on the front of this thing so i was just curious as to what backspacing would be appropriate to keep me from rubbing. thanks

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
2008DodgeChallenger said:
I tend to like the OE style wheels are there any OE 17" wheels from say a Mark VIII that would bolt right on to my '95 XR-7?
Mark VIII wheels are 16"

21 - 40 of 72 Posts