TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,086 Posts
Good lookin' rims! Now let's see 'em on the car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Soon, for sure. I finished the hub swap over the weekend and still have to bleed the brakes. I'll have 'em on this weekend.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally finished it up and off the lift. They look great!

The hub swap and drum to disc swap was fairly easy. Hardest part was finding Cobra IRS hubs for a decent price. The driver rear brake hose doesn't line up perfectly and kept pulling in air when bleeding. Seems to be fine now but doesn't line up perfectly where the brake hose block mounts on the caliper. I didn't see any comments in other folks' write-up's on modifying the brake hose. Anyone had to modify theirs?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Wow that's clean!

·
Super Moderator
12,086 Posts
Great choice for that color bird.

18x9? What size tires did you put on them? What brand tires?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fronts are 19x8.5" +35 offset w/ 225 40 Delinte's
Rears are 19x9.5" +35 offset w/275 35 Delinte's.

No need to roll fenders, 9.5" wide w/+35 offset fits fine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's what I mean. Thanks, helpful to know that others had to do same. Most of the write-up's didn't reference it, almost made it seem like everything just bolted up perfectly (but we know how that goes :) ).

·
Registered
890 Posts
Is that an sc or a v8 with sc ground effects. Is the paint original, I have the same color on my cougar and its faded from Florida sun and looks like crap

·
Resident Gun Guru
672 Posts
they look awesome ! Are these available in a 17x9 in black with standard thunderbird bolt pattern ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
they look awesome ! Are these available in a 17x9 in black with standard thunderbird bolt pattern ?
I don't think they are available in 17". I found them in bolt pattern 5x108 in 18x8.5" and 19x8.5" sizes but that doesn't allow the deep concave in the rear. To get the concave look you have to go 9.5" or 10.5" wide. It was worth doing the hub swap for the wheels - pretty easy swap and parts are readily available.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I like the paint color!

Al

·
Registered
462 Posts
Great choice man, they look great. Mine came in yesterday, just need to get tires on then they are good to go.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts