TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of looking around for options on "new" wheels for my '97 Sport-any recomendations staying with the 16" size. also will any of the newer Mustang wheels fit w/o mods? any pics? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,527 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
No mustang wheels will fit without a hub swap. Personally, I wouldn't spend money on an aftermarket 16" wheel.
I'd have to agree with not wasting money on 16" aftermarket rims. The ONLY reason for that is if you have an almost brand new set of tires on a 16" rim already and you just want to change things up.

I like my 16" sports, painted them black and made them look different. If I had the cash to get a new set of rims they would be 18" rims. That's about as big as I would go cause anything larger would look 'gaudy' and too donk-ish.

·
Registered
99 Posts
ADR makes a few styles that fit the T-Bird/Cougar bolt pattern.

link: maxspeedperformance.com

May be worth looking at...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Agree with not wasting money on aftermarket 16s. Check with cudaz, he's got some excellent wheels at a fair price.

·
Banned
241 Posts
nothing rode as well as my stock 16in that came with my 97 cougar.Keep the stock rims because personally i think they look nice and look very nice chromed or painted and when wrapped in a nice directional tires, look veryvery nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts