TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At about 100mph in 3rd gear when my shifter is in D, my car tries to shift into 4th gear if I'm any more than 1/2-3/4 pedal... and since I'm already going 100, I'd want to still go faster so I'd normally have my foot planted on the gas. Well, you can feel it lose power real quick as it tries to shift into 4th gear.. and it will, unless I take my foot off the gas and coast for a bit. If I give it just a little bit of gas, it'll stay in 3rd, but any more than 1/2 pedal and it tries to shift into 4th.

What gives?

It's a stock AOD, 130k miles, TransGo shift kit.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I haven't tried going passed 100mph with less than 1/2 throttle, but my 96 v8 shifts into 4th at 3500rpms also.

I would guess that it's an EEC function, since ours cars have nothing in common (engine, trans, EEC). The only thing I can think of is to keep the engine from shifting ito 4th at high speed, and being slowed while you have the throttle open. I think such an event would stress the drivetrain, and this function of the EEC is designed to prevent it from happening.

Just a guess.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
at WOT its shifting into OD or part throttle? if its part throttle, even 3/4, it doesnt suprise me much. if its WOT, that would be a problem worth looking into a little more.

do the AOD's have an overdrive lockout button, or a 3 position on the shifter?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
AOD pattern:
P
R
N
OD (allows gears 1-4)
D (allows gears 1-3)

They only have one button, the safety switch (big upper one for 4r70w's)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts