TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now on top of the Mecury not running right, my t-bird is doing the sputter die thing. When I am at 1500-2500 rpms holding steedy the car just drops down to 900 rpms then to 200 rpms and if I rev it up and hold the brake it will run for a bit more lunge forward and either die all together or sputter again and agian untill it dies. The voltage regulator dips durring this, but no codes are thrown..

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
well im gonna throw out the usual response i would check the IAC valve its behind the upper intake. A round cylinder with a wire harness and 2 bolts holding it in. It might be caked up and not working correctly

-Matt-

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the MAF in 2004, just cleaned it last weekend. I have figured out that the 90mm MAF(with chip) that i put on it 2004 does not fit the accordian hose as well as the stock set up, it has a tendancey to slip off from time to time. But it never throws a code. So, this morning I started the car and it sputtered a bit, then I drove 21 miles to work. Just before I hit the bridge it started to sputter really bad and did so for the last 3 miles to work. I got out went in side and remembered about the hose slipping off the MAF. I went out and sure enough it was half way off. I tightened it and started the car. It sputtered a bit then ran fine in park for 5 minutes. I had to catch my flight so I have not been back to check to see if it is still running funky. I will post tonight when I get home and see if that was it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts