TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It kinda ruins the spirit of the whole holiday. Especially when its because of something so stupid its pathetic. I had a really nice holiday with family and friends, and on my way home tonight, i smack into a parked trailer. :rolleyes:

I was making a right turn onto my street, not quite payin attention, and I was reachin for a CD in my passenger seat. Anyways, I look up and I'm headin straight into the back of a parked trailer, lock em down but its too late. I smack into it goin maybe 5mph and completely trash the front bumped cover on my car. The trailer is beyond fine, you'd never even know it was Up Close and Personal with a Ford Lately.

Anyways, I'm lucky as hell that someone wasn't comin down the street because that would have been a head on collision, as opposed to a head up my *** collision.

Anyways, I need a new bumper and hopefully one of you fine people can hook a stupid Texan up.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
there are 2 95 bumpers on eBay right now via a local forum member here. I think the auction are really close to ending so you might want to find it quick.
-Thomas

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looked but couldn't find.:(

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Must have ended sometime today, sorry. If you look through the boards for his post advertising his ebay auctions maybe you could buy one from him, I don't think anyone bid on them.
-Thomas

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
I've got a '96-'97 bumper hanging out in my backyard..... If you want it, I'll sell it for $100 plus shipping, which is what we paid for it.

--Molly

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer Molly, but I need a 94-95 because I don't have the money for headlights or anything like that. Besides, I like the 95 front end better anyways. ;)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
http://car-part.com/

give a look on there. See if there is anything local. Also just get the phone book out and call the local junk yards.

good luck

·
Registered
288 Posts
What's wrong with your cover? post a pic.

I have one laying in the garage off my 94. It needs to be stripped and repainted, but you would have to do that anyway since it's red.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well, I don't have a digicam, or I'd already have a pic up, but here's to give you an idea. Directly below the inboard, drivers side parking light, rip the bumper cover all the way down into the air intake hole. Rip that area up pretty good. Go to the corner of the outer parking lamp, rip the bumper about halfway down. So yeah, my bumper is beyond trashed.

After looking deeper, I need a new driver's headlight, new header panel, new bumper and then have it sprayed. A total estimate bill of $1400 for a repair that'll never quite match right. Hooray for tri-coat pearl white paint! Yay! Its something to the tune of $350/qt, and its literally almost impossible to match perfectly.

On another note, he says he'll paint a set of SC ground effects for roughly $400 and let me put em on myself....might have to see about that. :leftright

EDIT: Hey Mark, you say you've got a red bumper off of your 94 that'd need repainted.....hows the overall condition on that? No cracks or gouges or anything? How much would you let it got for?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
joe, one thing to look out for, not bashing used parts, but on a front cover look very closely, becasue i thought mine was ok and had a whole bunch of little chips and nicks. to the extent of i had spent 4+ hours sanding it, and when i put the sealer on it. it looked like i done nothing. i got a aftermarket cover brand new for $150.00 . its just a thought. but i figured id bring it to your attention. justin

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bah Jeremy, just bah. ;)

Anyways, I've got a couple leads on bumper covers, but may have to turn them down due to shipping costs. Hey Molly, how much did your 96 front end cost to ship?

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BlackTbird96 said:
shipping on a bumper should only be around $50
And how or who would i go about getting it shipped? Any advice on packaging or whatnot?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
AverageJoe said:
Well, I don't have a digicam, or I'd already have a pic up, but here's to give you an idea. Directly below the inboard, drivers side parking light, rip the bumper cover all the way down into the air intake hole. Rip that area up pretty good. Go to the corner of the outer parking lamp, rip the bumper about halfway down. So yeah, my bumper is beyond trashed.

After looking deeper, I need a new driver's headlight, new header panel, new bumper and then have it sprayed. A total estimate bill of $1400 for a repair that'll never quite match right. Hooray for tri-coat pearl white paint! Yay! Its something to the tune of $350/qt, and its literally almost impossible to match perfectly.

On another note, he says he'll paint a set of SC ground effects for roughly $400 and let me put em on myself....might have to see about that. :leftright

EDIT: Hey Mark, you say you've got a red bumper off of your 94 that'd need repainted.....hows the overall condition on that? No cracks or gouges or anything? How much would you let it got for?
Ah yes, pearl paint.....ive been rear ended and had the back half of the car redone...you be right, it wont be perfect, but i would find a good shop. The shop that redid my car was doing another pearl bird so i felt a little better about having the car redone. They did an excellant job, its as pefect as i think it will be, almost unnoticeable. Good luck with finding a good body shop...he all have fits of oh crap, ive done it before, like Forrest said, "shizznit happens".

joseph

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
BlackTbird96 said:
shipping on a bumper should only be around $50
LMAO..........try like 220.That is what it cost to ship my xenon efx.And that was to a bussiness.It was like 120 per box. I still have to hook the guy up that I bought them off of because he got :zraped:
But due to the size, it is expensive.
Good Luck,
Chris

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, after talking it all over with my parents and so on, we're just going to front the extra $300 or so it'd take to go with all new parts and I'm hoping to take it into the shop tomorrow, it not, it'll be friday.

I'll have to try to get before/after pics for you guys.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
LX-Tasy said:

LMAO..........try like 220.That is what it cost to ship my xenon efx.And that was to a bussiness.It was like 120 per box.
You went with the wrong company then. When I got my rims shipped, it was only $50 shipping. And they weighed alot more then a bumper.

Iv asked places about shipping a bumper too and they all told me around $50

1 - 20 of 21 Posts