TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I always thought ford was awesome when you looked at their best products. Overall Ford has some pretty good engines and put them in the right cars. This is the company that gave you the Marauder, Mark8, GT supercar, and GT 500. The panther is the most rock solid car you'll find for the price. Ford will always have the mustang to their credit and the after market support shows how devoted ford fans are. GM has some good stuff too and so does nearly every major car maker. Every car I've owned has been a ford. I don't see a need to ever drive anything but a 4.6 for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Like said a few things will spoil the reputation, like the intake manifold crossover, COPs, and spark plugs blowing. There have also been some crappy cars like the mytique/contour.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
or the craptastic paint, the good ol 3.8 headgaskets, the roll over explorer........only the hardcore stick with a brand thats sucking balls, then it takes years to build your rep back up. just ask harley davidson.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
but at the same time, what manufacturer hasnt built a total POS? The Paseo comes to mind, wonder what happens when the batteries in the priuses start to fail. Besides the fact that the Prius mileage figures were purposefully inflated to drum up sales, but when 90% of your car line ISNT a truck and you claim to save the environment and celebutards drive you hybrid me-too mobiles, you have better "cred".

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Yeah, no one was exempt from producing a few turds. Some more than others, some less. There is always gonna be a few turds trying to float in the bowl. A lot of these dropped-ball situations came from last minute changes in production, or simply because of rushing the product to the market too fast. Others just keep putting out mediocre to all-out crap year after year, resting on whatever laurels their name's reputation holds....guess why H-D makes the majority of company profits from their merchandising than their bikes.

When the Yugo started getting a rear-window defrost option, it was a godsend....now owners could keep their hands warm when pushing them in the winter. :D

The Pinto had that "explode on rear impact" option.

Early (small block) Hemis would get those pesky combustion chamber cracks.

Grand National owners were replacing turbos at 20,000 miles.

Just about everything (except the drivetrain) fell apart on the first Aspens/Volares.

I couldn't possibly list a "turd list" in it's entirety; these are only the ones that come to my mind right off. There must be a list already published publicly somewhere....it'd be an interesting read for sure.

I haven't owned a perfect car yet. Some good ones, some bad, but never perfect.
I don't expect I ever will either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts