TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one dim headlight which makes me think it is a ground. Its the passenger side. Funny thing about it is that thursday is was like this, but yesterday it went back to bright and then today back to dim. Already switched the two headlight bulbs and figured out that it is not a bulb.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I would just rewire with relays. The middle wire should be the ground. The relays will give better output and is better for your headlight electrical system.

- Stephen

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you are running higher wattage bulbs or running with the highs on constantly, good chance it will be the headlight socket. Unplug the socket and take a look.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm not completely sure where the ground is for the headlights; however, the middle wire that connects to the headlight should be the ground wire, so you should be able to just ground that to the chassis. **Please double check this first before you try if you decide to try. I will mention; however, if you do wire with relays, it is actually really easy if you lay it out before going out. You can get new adapters for the headlights and everything will be set. If you decide to take the plunge you can pm me for info if you'd like

·
5,650 Posts
The headlight for the passenger headlight is behind that headlight and the same for the driver headlight. There is also another ground for the headlight switch inside the car, on the left side of the center of the instrument panel (lol that makes sense to me). The headlight grounds are located with other grounds and they go into a clear/white plastic thing. You can see them looking behind the headlights at the radiator support.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts