TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a site where I can buy & download country music? I'm not interested in the free sites, I want to find somewhere that I can buy the music and listen to it as many times as I like - no time bombing etc.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
i tunes is ok. it's like a buck a song

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whitecoug said:
i tunes is ok. it's like a buck a song
I was gonna try I-Tunes, but I don't think they do WMA's

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Andy625UK said:
I was gonna try I-Tunes, but I don't think they do WMA's

they convert everything to AAC files, but you simply play them through the itunes music client. iTunes does have like everything known to man. Just download the itunes program on apples site and open the music store client.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
edit: bye bye!!!

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
You guys that keep posting illegal crap do know that I legally have to respond to any and all requests from RIAA with IP/Date Time right? Lets try not talking about them, okay?

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
that aimed at me? as far as i knew, bearshare was legal. if not, i will gladly remove post.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't believe, I'm having so much trouble finding somewhere to actually buy the music! Seems like everyone thinks I'm stupid wanting to pay for it, and that I'm one of the few that don't just download it for free from somewhere or other.

I wanted to start downloading as I've recently ripped my whole library from CD to pc in wma format, and thought that buying and downloading would save me accumulating more cd's that I have to find space to store, and that I only rip to pc anyway! I order most of my cd's from the states as I'm one of the minority that like country in the UK, and the other appeal is that I can download the music instantly rather than wait 2-4 weeks for the post to arrive.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
93 lx said:
that aimed at me? as far as i knew, bearshare was legal. if not, i will gladly remove post.
lol, didn't even see your post, there's been a dozen or so ones about limewire I've had to clean out before I left my notice. But no, if you are downloading copyrighted content with bearshare, it is not legal, so if you don't mind deleting it. :D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
What I'd like to know is a legal place to buy .mp3's online that you don't have to download a special interface for downloading?? I just want to pay and download files - I don't need another stupid player or interface just to let me download!!

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Well good luck with that one, they want to lock down the music so you can't share it once you buy it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
you could try here music.msn.com or AOL has it too I think. I was using them a long time ago when low bit rate was not important. You can buy the whole CD most of the time at a lower cost than a most stores. Singles are going to cost you around a dollar anywhere you go.

I was in contact with there customer support about the quality of there music. I was told buy them that all downloads were WMA and had copyright's on them so they could only be accessed on your computer. but you could burn them to a CD as well. The bit rate is the killer like 128 to 200 kbps MAX witch is not the worst sound on a less expensive audio system.

There are ways to remove the copyrights though so you can do anything you want to do with them.

The best way to go is buy the CD from a store because your guaranteed quality, it's going to sound good. As much as I hate country and every thing that has to do with country I will give them this they have very good recording studios and the quality is off the charts for 16 bit music.

I think this is all legal stuff SD if not tell me what to remove.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts