TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a bigger throttle body for my 95 4.6 anyone know where can I get one? I see they have them at super coupe performance but they want $210 for a 70mm and $220 for a 75mm. Somthing cheaper maybe??

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Check out ebay. They almost always have good deals on 65-75mm throttle bodies because those crazy mustang guys are always upgrading.
-Thomas

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I don't know about 4.6L's but I know my 3.8 didn't need a chip and I'd assume the v8 wouldn't either. It's a pure bolt on. Although you'll have to dye grind the upper manifold throttle body inlet so they're both the same size and there's no ridge. You won't get as much of a gain out of it as you would if you got ported intakes and heads. Then you'd be getting full potential of the throttle body. Going too big can hurt hp too.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
toofast4u said:
I need a bigger throttle body for my 95 4.6 anyone know where can I get one? I see they have them at super coupe performance but they want $210 for a 70mm and $220 for a 75mm. Somthing cheaper maybe??
May I ask why you feel a larger TB is necessary at this point?

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
A larger TB on a '95 at this point would be a waste of money, look at the neck where the Throttle Body attaches, and you'll see a much bigger restriction than the stock throttle body. Oh, and KarKraft are the only ones who make an aftermarket throttle body for the 95. I have heard of people using truck throttle bodies, but haven't seen one in person yet.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have a BBK 70mm TB on my 4.6 and I really noticed no difference. If I had it to do over again I'd save my money, but if you really want one, no, you don't need a chip. 75mm won't fit on your car without modifications, no matter what Summit says.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts