TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a Gatorback belt from Goodyear for my 1997 Tbird 4.6L, because I'm going to install new Steeda pulleys, so I figured I might as well replace the belt while I'm @ it. Does anyone know where I can get it?

·
8,239 Posts
I got mine from carparts.com for my 95 4.6. It was like 19 bucks and change, plus I had a 10% off coupon. So, its quite a big cheaper than what I would have paid for a generic belt at pep boys. And it seems a hare quiter than the motorcraft belt.

Justin

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Belt

Upgrade said:
I got mine from Autozone. They just switched over to them around here.
I'll check my local AutoZone. If I don't use the alternator underdrive will I need a larger belt?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Belt size

Not sure on a 4.6 but on my 5.0 I used the same one when I changed to underdrives on the crank, water pump and alt. You should be able to use the stock size as the alt pulley isnt that huge of a difference and the idler pulley should be able to pull it tight.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I got mine for free :) I work in the plant that makes them :). Got a free set of silicone hose, I actually work on the hose side of the plant so I just had those made, silicone are the blue as you see in the high miler hose kits. When you get your belt, check out the address of where it came from on the rear bottom, right here in Lincoln, Nebraska odds are, and yes, autozone is a new Good Year customer, real big deal for the plant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts